Rocket Launchers

Can we please lower the number of RPGs on the server? From what I have seen 1/4 AI at ZCPs carry launchers each with 2 rockets. It seems that just about every player on the server is running around with an RPG with  2-4 rockets which makes any 70-100k armed vehicle pointless as it will most likely be rocketed by every single player on the server unless you are in a spawntown. RPGs are already really cheap and so are the rockets. If you continuously run in and out of a ZCP for a period of time AI waves with RPGs will keep spawning and you can hoard RPGs. Making them slightly more expensive and rare would be great for the server in my opinion.

balance? It literally breaks the balance. You have expensive hard to get vehicles being taken out by bambis with RPGs. Id like for someone else to have a look at this. 

Edited by Hvar

I think removing a few rocket launchers, and potentially adding some more vanilla launchers like the PCML, and potentially the new ones coming with the Tank DLC (Hype), could be beneficial. Very rarely do you see any of the 'high-tier' vehicles and/or helicopters for that matter out because they just instantly get blown up so I'd probably say I'm with you on that one. Have to be very careful not to take it too far the other way though, as leaving only the big groups with high-tier vehicles and the little guys unable to obtain rocket launchers throws the balance too far towards the vehicle side of things again. I do think this is something we can potentially look into in the long run. It would take a long time however so we can make sure we get it right. It will be discussed.

thanks for looking into it MrAndy. I really dont like grinding to get a 90k vehicle only to have it blown up by someone who has barely played 30 minutes on the server.

8 minutes ago, Nickeragua said:

I'd like to see fewer Launchers. Nearly everyone runs around with a launcher and spare rockets. It can make it difficult to take an armored vehicle out sometimes. :) 

Exactly what I made the post for my man! Slow vehicles = Boom! Glad to see others agree!

Matrix: Hello all, unfortunately my website is broken and is not allowing me to comment so I have asked Hvar to comment for me. I think this is a good idea due to the fact that you can buy an armed vehicle for 90k that is destroyed by a single rocket. This makes these vehicles not a waste of money but more like a very expensive sniper due to the fact that you cannot go close to anyone. I do not think removing rocket launchers is the solution, maybe just decrease their spawn rate or make rockets more rare as an ai spawns with a rocket launcher and 2 rockets. What is everyone elses opinion?

have to agree with Hvar, far too many rpgs at cap points, fair enough if you want one go to BM and buy them, make you think twice before using it if your going to have to go back and get another, as it is people will use them on any parked car as there so easy to get

• Like 1

I do agree that there are currently way too many. I would love to see more high end vehicles roaming about.

Does the mass majority of launchers come from capture points?

42 minutes ago, Sean said:

I do agree that there are currently way too many. I would love to see more high end vehicles roaming about.

I wouldn't say removed form capture points, just reduce the amount of AI that carry/drop them

4 minutes ago, Nickeragua said:

I wouldn't say removed form capture points, just reduce the amount of AI that carry/drop them

I'm not removing capture points :4_joy: Just want to see where most people get easy launchers.

26 minutes ago, Sean said:

I'm not removing capture points :4_joy: Just want to see where most people get easy launchers.

I meant don't remove launchers from capture points.  Limit the amount of AI that drop them there. 

Edited by Nickeragua
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Sean said:

As far as I'm aware then yes, most people will probably go to CPs to get RPGs. They can often times drop such a ridiculous amount of RPGs that you don't even pick up all of them, and still have half the car filled to sell.

If you nerf the amount of rpg's rich teams/clans will dominate the map with armored vehics. There are plenty of rich teams/clans here including me that could do it if we/they chose, having rpg's the way they are now takes away that confidence of domination. Which imho is a good thing.

Edited by Razorman

I feel currently the balance is too far in favor of launchers. Although I don't have any real statistics I'm pretty sure Marids, Panthers, Bobcats, and the likes are very very rare. Of course there is several reasons why someone would decide not to purchase those vehicles, though a large part of it is that launchers are on basically every player that has played more than an hour. This makes the quite substantial investment into these expensive vehicles only to have them be blown up 3 km down the road very unattractive. As with all issues of balance it'll have to be continually monitored and changed in small ways here and there to get it as close to the middle as possible where both vehicle combat and infantry combat can both be fun and viable, so that all players are happy. Or as happy as they can be, it'll never be perfect, though it can definitely be better.

So, I see that the spawnrate of launchers has been decreased. However countering that the price has been significantly decreased aswell. Putting us back to square 1 in my opinion.  In my eyes. You guys did something. but something to counter that again-

Edited by Hvar