Inmate Market Suggestion

Name: ShellShock

This suggestion for the game server

What is your suggestion?:

The Inmate Market is a great resource.  However, when players put an item up on the Inmate Market with a full bank account, you can no longer purchase said item.  I suggest:

1) If a player has a full bank account and has items on the market, allow said player to go over their limit, just like an event when admins put poptabs into bank accounts.  ( I do not know if this is script-restricted, hence why I am posting this suggestion).  OR:

2)  If a player has a full bank account, remove their items from the Inmate Market.  OR:

3)  If a player has a full bank account (either when placing an item on the Inmate Market, or after), allow said item to be placed in their inventory (in a safe or in their person) or allow for them to receive poptabs (in a safe, on their person, or in their bank).  This would act like a refund system.

Again, I do not know if this is script-restricted or if a few tweaks could be implemented.

Thanks,

-Shell

Edited by ShellShock
  • Like 2

yes please.

also inmate market needs some rules.

Do not allow items that can be purchased from the standard trader be placed over the default price.  (it just clogs up the list)

Delete the listing after x amount of days, when idiots stick a standard loadout Ghillie up for 30,000 and it stays there forever. 

• Like 1

Isn't it called a max bank for a reason? In my opinion it doesn't really need changed, you need to start storing money in safes if you haven't already so that your bank isn't full allowing the money to go in. 

2 hours ago, Matrix said:

Isn't it called a max bank for a reason? In my opinion it doesn't really need changed, you need to start storing money in safes if you haven't already so that your bank isn't full allowing the money to go in. 

It's not about having a "max bank".  It's the fact that its a player market, which means you can purchase it.  However, if the player who put the item in the Inmate Market has a full bank account, then you cannot buy this item.  Players should be able to purchase items freely from the Inmate Market as they choose.  Not being able to purchase an item on the Inmate Market because the player who put it up has a full bank account is an inconvenience.  Either take the item off when their bank is full or allow for an overflow of their account.

It's a "player market" so players can purchase items and drive an economy.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, ShellShock said:

It's not about having a "max bank".  It's the fact that its a player market, which means you can purchase it.  However, if the player who put the item in the Inmate Market has a full bank account, then you cannot buy this item.  Players should be able to purchase items freely from the Inmate Market as they choose.  Not being able to purchase an item on the Inmate Market because the player who put it up has a full bank account is an inconvenience.  Either take the item off when their bank is full or allow for an overflow of their account.

It's a "player market" so players can purchase items and drive an economy.

players used inmate market to deposit money into their locker even when they were over the limit. They posted item for x amount of poptabs and then they gave money they need deposited to friend who would buy their item. We cant let players do that and we cant let players buy item and have extra money voided.

It's like this at the moment due to players using the inmate market to exploit their money into their bank even though it is full. A solution to this could be that instead of having the money automatically be put into your bank, you will have to go to the Inmate Market to claim the money you have made, which puts it on your person instead of in your bank. This makes it possible for players to always buy from the inmate market as well as making it impossible for people to exploit it to fill up their bank more than they are supposed to. It's a slight extra step to take for selling but it will solve the problems. I've seen this system before and it works fairly well, opinions on this though? :) And obviously I am not in-charge of any of this, it would ultimately be up to Sean whether he wants to implement such a system.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Aintence said:

players used inmate market to deposit money into their locker even when they were over the limit. They posted item for x amount of poptabs and then they gave money they need deposited to friend who would buy their item. We cant let players do that and we cant let players buy item and have extra money voided.

Then what is the point of having the market? Half of the items are either 10x the amount that you can literally buy in the same trader, and the other half are items from players with full bank accounts.

Both of these options leave a cluttered IM and players frustrated because they can’t purchase what is accessible.

very rarely can you get a decent item that isn’t “off limits”.

Simply our, it needs tweaked and updated to be more effective, one way or the other.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MrAndy said:

It's like this at the moment due to players using the inmate market to exploit their money into their bank even though it is full. A solution to this could be that instead of having the money automatically be put into your bank, you will have to go to the Inmate Market to claim the money you have made, which puts it on your person instead of in your bank. This makes it possible for players to always buy from the inmate market as well as making it impossible for people to exploit it to fill up their bank more than they are supposed to. It's a slight extra step to take for selling but it will solve the problems. I've seen this system before and it works fairly well, opinions on this though? :) And obviously I am not in-charge of any of this, it would ultimately be up to Sean whether he wants to implement such a system.

Tbis sounds like a good solution man. 

• Like 1

I know @MrAndy has suggested to me in the past to add the collection system but it was just forgotten about.

I do have an idea on how to implement it. I will look into that soon and hopefully get it sorted for the next "big" update.

About limiting items, there is currently a list of blocked items but it was made a long time ago and does need updating.

The current blacklist system can be improved and I will look into how I can do that efficiently.

Also there is a time limit on how long items will stay on there, I believe it's 10 days.

• Like 1

As a quick fix maybe add a note to say if your locker is full you won't get paid. Nearly every copy of better prisoner currently on the market can not be purchased because seller locker is full. 

That way the purchase can still go through and the market won't be clogged with unpurchaseable goods

Edited by Jimlad
  • Like 1