In my opinion I think that Kamenka or the fields to the far West by Bay Tikhaya or even the far edge of the map should be a Trader and not a Spawn.

Here are my reasons why:

• Coastal
  • No South Trader
  • Nowhere to get a boat anywhere near
  • It would be easier for SDV to surface and then pull the crate out and sell it if the trader is on the Coast

This change could push the move of the Sosnovka trader as well somewhere better or remove that trader entirely if you only want to keep 3.
It would open up more map and another town to loot.
It is the same distance to the edge of the map in the West to Sosnovka from Balota so that wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by LeaveItToBeevers
  • Like 1

3cb50f41a67ecdbc1ca056f9901ab176.thumb.png.65d3604c2b9249964c2d1a721393c2ce.png

Im not too sure that we need another trader. Kamenka is pretty close to a trader and even then Berizino is right next to Klen trader which is fairly coastal.  There are also 2 places that you are able to purchase boats from that are situated along the coast and at these places are waste dumps which you are able to sell the crates at.  

I think he means having a trader at Kamenka would make buying and using boats be more attractive. It's currently possible, but not particularly attractive and I personally agree with the thinking. Having a trader at Kamenka instead of a spawn town would be nice in my opinion. Though my opinion doesn't shape the server. :P It might be difficult changing due to bases, though easier than other suggestions due to the spawn zone this time. It'll be looked into if the team thinks it's a good and viable option.

Just now, MrAndy said:

I think he means having a trader at Kamenka would make buying and using boats be more attractive. It's currently possible, but not particularly attractive and I personally agree with the thinking. Having a trader at Kamenka instead of a spawn town would be nice in my opinion. Though my opinion doesn't shape the server. :P It might be difficult changing due to bases, though easier than other suggestions due to the spawn time. It'll be looked into if the team thinks it's a good and viable option.

That is exactly what I meant. I knew obviously there were other traders but all you can do is buy and sell Boats/Scuba gear. It would be nice to have a full trader too. 
If it would be difficult due to bases then Staff could inform those people of the upcoming changes and help move/relocate if possible and get their gear etc to a new location. 
Some trusted players could even help as long as staff is there to moderate briefly as they get all moved. 
You could also ask those players that have the bases there on their opinions on adding a trader there. 
There shouldn't be too many bases close though considering the rule about building near a spawn and how far away it is required to be.

3cb50f41a67ecdbc1ca056f9901ab176.thumb.png.65d3604c2b9249964c2d1a721393c2ce.png

Based on previous experience with a trader SW on Chernarus Isles, it ends up completely dead. Might help on SG due to the contigent of balota warriors though. However, to me it seems like things are working nicely the way they are.

Edited by Mr. Soap
3 hours ago, MrAndy said:

I think he means having a trader at Kamenka would make buying and using boats be more attractive. It's currently possible, but not particularly attractive and I personally agree with the thinking. Having a trader at Kamenka instead of a spawn town would be nice in my opinion. Though my opinion doesn't shape the server. :P It might be difficult changing due to bases, though easier than other suggestions due to the spawn zone this time. It'll be looked into if the team thinks it's a good and viable option.

But due to cherno map and boat speed getting a boat in kamenica and going anywhere fun like the island mission would take you an age. They go the same speed as a quad. 

The map is not suited for boats unless you are using them around the island and you have a boat trader either side of the island for that reason 

21 hours ago, Jimlad said:

But due to cherno map and boat speed getting a boat in kamenica and going anywhere fun like the island mission would take you an age. They go the same speed as a quad. 

The map is not suited for boats unless you are using them around the island and you have a boat trader either side of the island for that reason 

i'd love new submarines instead, the top speed is 23 km/h lol