Stinger Rocket launcher

If spitfires had flares, it would make them way to hard to take down, its already 85k for stinger and ammo, you have to use speed and dipping low to avoid the stinger in a spitfire. Making sure you are flying away from it also.

I tried about one hour to dodge any rockets in the editor. I tried as an soldier by shooting on AI planes that made U-Turns in high and low altitude, and i also tried as the pilot with bots shooting them at me. Not a single rocket missed me. And if it was one that did not destroy the plane, it killed the pilot for sure. 
Why not make flares kind of a gadget for pop tabs? If i want to make the plane safer i can do it for more money. In comparison to older armed planes this one is pretty hard to master since its so fast. The speed makes it pretty hard to land at open fields near your base for example, and anyway you say flares make it too strong? I call it balance if something that is hard to master should have some kind of reward to say the least. 

Spitfires can dodge stingers as i have witnessed them do so, generally only the bigger groups will stinger you, making spitfires have flares concludes to people needing more rockets to shoot it down, its already expensive for players that play alone and don't have much funding, it will just promote more people to use spitfires as they won't be getting shot down.

10 minutes ago, Dazhy said:

Spitfires can dodge stingers as i have witnessed them do so, generally only the bigger groups will stinger you, making spitfires have flares concludes to people needing more rockets to shoot it down, its already expensive for players that play alone and don't have much funding, it will just promote more people to use spitfires as they won't be getting shot down.

Well than why should one be able to buy rockets? Its literally the same thing as buying flares as a gadget. Idk how much one rocket costs, ... 25k ? 30k? Doesnt matter when the plane costs 100. And whats wrong with more people buying the spitfire? 70% of the bases dont have enough space to land them nearby, so people will think twice to invest 100k for a bit of fun that is definetly lost as soon as you dont want to fly anymore, if you didnt get shot down before already. I think its just a bit out of balance to have a rocketlauncher that has like a kill percentage of at least 90% and blasts vehicles for couple 100k's in few seconds that costs around 85k to have, which is literally nothing on this server. And it is not that you have to spend 85k per kill, you buy the rocket launcher one time to keep it in your base. And if you feel like it you just randomly shoot down a plane flying around 1000m away just for the fun. I cant see any sense behind this logic, since the spitfire is the only armed plane on this server...

Edited by Sickomodeormobamba
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Sickomodeormobamba said:

Well than why should one be able to buy rockets? Its literally the same thing as buying flares as a gadget. Idk how much one rocket costs, ... 25k ? 30k? Doesnt matter when the plane costs 100. And whats wrong with more people buying the spitfire? 70% of the bases dont have enough space to land them nearby, so people will think twice to invest 100k for a bit of fun that is definetly lost as soon as you dont want to fly anymore, if you didnt get shot down before already. I think its just a bit out of balance to have a rocketlauncher that has like a kill percentage of at least 90% and blasts vehicles for couple 100k's in few seconds that costs around 85k to have, which is literally nothing on this server. And it is not that you have to spend 85k per kill, you buy the rocket launcher one time to keep it in your base. And if you feel like it you just randomly shoot down a plane flying around 1000m away just for the fun. I cant see any sense behind this logic, since the spitfire is the only armed plane on this server...

Once you can use them effectively, it becomes a lot easier to dodge incoming rockets, obviously you cannot dodge them all as it depends on many factors, but it was decided to not add flares to them as it would be to op.

19 hours ago, Sickomodeormobamba said:

As a very experienced no-fly-zone operator, I can tell you with 100% certainty that if you always - in any circumstance - get shot down by a stinger or titan (titans removed now lmao ?) you are not piloting accordingly. ?

• 5 months later...
On 1/29/2019 at 8:46 PM, Sickomodeormobamba said:

Is there any counter to the stinger rocket launcher? Just bought a plane for 100k and didnt even fly  Redtube Beeg Spankbang for 5 minutes until i got shot down by that. L i t .

If possible fly low and fast can be the saviour to dodge a missile, depends how close you are to the location it is fired from etc but dodging a stinger is possible. 

Edited by nachmanpecos