Soo,
I just wanted to talk about helis, aaaand how useless they are.
What is my issue with them:
They are easy to take down (Not by players but NPC's, later on that)
They are easy to spot (you must be blind and deaf at the same time not to spot them)
No rockets :|
Idk if this is an issue on my side of team but they can't hit anything with miniguns and stuff on armed helis.

Next to the NPC's topic - they are world best snipers if You are in vehicle, are You happy flying with your squad and there is site 1,2km away from you while you are 700m above ground? Brace yourselfs because pilot is gonna probably be hit and killed in no-time.

On the other side of things helis can provide informations about site, location of NPC's and spot other players (if they dont get sniped from 2km away by random NPC with HMG)

Maybe I am wrong about this stuff, or this is as it should be.
I just want to hear opinions of others, and maybe tips how to utilise helicopters on this server.

Basically stay away from missions where the AI have Static MG and armed vehicles. Helis and vehicles in general are very difficult to use against AI missions, they're better used against players. So for example Capture Points would probably be a better option over Missions. There's still AI, but they shouldn't have too powerful guns so if you stay a little distance away you should be able to survive for the most part. Helicopters I would say is only viable against players, so if only used against players it's just to fly like you normally would. Also a slight note to make is that the miniguns on most of the armed helis aren't always the most accurate, the GAU-19 however is pretty darn accurate. This combined with the fact for the Pawnee miniguns it usually takes more than 1 bullet to kill so they're not the best 'killing machines' though of course some make good use of them. They're more a threat factor and provide suppression, which is just as useful if used properly by your ground team. 

• Like 1

Sure you may get a few kills, but if it's kills you're after, a Strider HMG or the likes will be much more effective in getting kills. An attack helicopter in my opinion is better used as a threat/support vehicle. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

I think the server has it just right with helis. You still see the veteran pilots flying around because they have put the time into being good at flying. But not everybody and their mom is taking to the sky because of how competitive it is.