Capture Points with no AI

Hey folks, first off absolutely love these Exile servers. Turning out to be one of my favorite Arma 3 game modes.

My only suggestion would be Capture Point missions with no AI. Most of the time on a Capture Point I don’t even shoot at AI. I let them roam to make me aware of other players who may be around. It really takes away from the immersion. 

In general I am not a fan of fighting against AI. I would really love some some places with consistent pure PvP with no AI outside of Bolota or Ghost Town. Capture Point missions would be a great place imo.

24 minutes ago, Socurious said:

The reason why we do have npc’s at cp’s is so you cant go in there and hide.

the building etc. Despawns before the ai’s do so you need yo go out and kill them.

Understandable. 

I just wait until after the 5 minute cleanup and the AI disappears. 

Im certainly not gonna shoot AI and give up my position and not even get a kill for it. 

I will have a group of 5 or more AI literally right in front of me and I won’t shoot. I’m there to for the kills. If anything AI just lets me know someone is there. 

All in all I think some Capture Points with no AI would be a great way to add some pure PvP areas with consistent action besides just Bolota. 

If someone is hiding in a building then I’m gonna have to clear that building or nade them out. 

Right now if a point is contested it causes me to sit in a building. I’m certainly not gonna go fight with AI and give up my position. 

I mean a nice purely PvP session in Vybor would be awesome.

Edited by Bad Aim Barry
4 hours ago, Socurious said:

the building etc. Despawns before the ai’s do so you need yo go out and kill them.

Also if the Capture point is in a town you can just stay in a house or whatever until the AI disappears. 

I understand the concept of using the AI to keep people from hiding. If ppl are gonna camp and hide from other players then adding AI isn’t gonna change that. People are gonna hide even more. Then the poor folks who go try to fight AI are just gonna get killed, if not by the AI then by the players who know their position.

I’ve certainly gotten many kills this way but despite that I have to say the AI really takes away from the PvP experience.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, Socurious said:

Also I want to add that AI doesn’t go into buildings so this encourages people to go into buildings and hide.

Also, as far as buildings disappearing, I’m not talking so much about Alpha and Bravo CP’s that spawn an outpost. I’m talking about city CP’s where you don’t have to worry about buildings disappearing.

In a city CP all you have to do is go in, hide, wait to finishing capping, pay attention to where AI is shooting and after the AI disappears you can just run out and take the stuff knowing it’s safe.