Vantac Cardom Vehicle Suggestion

it's a vehicle with a 82mm mortar on top of it, make it 450-500k+, remove the artillery computer and make the max range medium [2000m if disabling the artillery computer is possible assuming & making it just range at 2000m], the top is exposed and the gunner is easy to be seen, shooting it takes practice/you need to learn how to use it.

understandable if you don't want a 82mm mortar on the server but if you take a look at the vehicle it's very exposed and you'd have to be static to attempt to kill anyone [people already have Striders/Panthers/etc on base which is 10x worse then a Mortar], you can always say that if they've got certain missions zero'd in it would be dumb but I mean exact same thing with GMG on the Panther but the GMG is a lot easier to use + It has tons of armor 

Here is a video of it, the vehicles i'm trying to hit are at 1k and I have to fiddle with it to get it anywhere close, I had 2 previous attempts to try and hit the shot and it was hard, to use this weapon you'd need not only for the target to not know but to stand still while the Mortar goes at him and even then you can hear the mortar falling for 2-4 seconds before it lands [sounds sick btw]

Might be dumb but it's just more vehicles I guess, you usually see the same weapons, same vehicles everyday. Gets very old after awhile

Edited by Castro
  • Like 1

Despite the fact that I dislike heavy Equipment like Marids in Exile anyway, this would really be too much.

Just imagine someone putting this on the top of his base with walls around it. Every mission 2km around the base would be a Clusterfuck.

Keep in Mind that a mortar fires indirect, so you don't need a clear line of sight in contrast to a GMG.

But that's just my opinion, I would like to hear some positive things about this

Edited by Arkei
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Arkei said:

Despite the fact that I dislike heavy Equipment like Marids in Exile anyway, this would really be too much.

Just imagine someone putting this on the top of his base with walls around it. Every mission 2km around the base would be a Clusterfuck.

Keep in Mind that a mortar fires indirect, so you don't need a clear line of sight in contrast to a GMG.

But that's just my opinion, I would like to hear some positive things about this

You're right and wrong it would still take shots to "zero it in" unless there is some type of multiplier on the sides I don't see/notice but you're right,

GMG Panther/Matrid or whatever is 100% more deadly then this in every single way however. 

25 minutes ago, Castro said:

You're right and wrong it would still take shots to "zero it in" unless there is some type of multiplier on the sides I don't see/notice but you're right,

GMG Panther/Matrid or whatever is 100% more deadly then this in every single way however. 

I have to disagree I can imagine the splash damage from this thing is quite a big AOE so I doubt you have to hit spot on just close enough making it a very powerful vehicle you also have to think about capture points like if it had 2k zeroing the player would literally have ten minutes to just bomb the fuck out of a CP basically making it a free kill 

Edited by Winky
20 minutes ago, Castro said:

...it would still take shots to "zero it in" unless there is some type of multiplier on the sides I don't see/notice but you're right,

In fact, it is just Math. It is complicated, you would need some Spreadsheet/Calculator but its certainly doable. 

If the Mortar ammunition is the Vanilla one and not modded, I think you could find some online.

25 minutes ago, Castro said:

I understand your point, but I think you misunderstood me. I agree that a GMG is easier to use, and I also agree that it is much stronger.

My point is, that with this thing you would have 0% risk if you place it inside your Base. The fact that you sit open on the back is irrelevant in this scenario.

A GMG must at least show its turret to be able to fire, so you can theoretically take it out.

35 minutes ago, Winky said:

I honestly wouldn't mind this but only if the zeroing got put down to 1k so people can't camp like little pussies with it 

29 minutes ago, Nick said:

It's a cool vehicle, but if it were to be added I agree with Winky it should not fire that distance. 

And this would make the Vehicle pretty much useless because you can shoot a .50 at that range effectively, simpler and much cheaper.

Don't get me wrong, I freaking love big guns, but I just do not think Artillery would fit in Exile.

If you disable the Artillery Computer on these you basically need line of sight to zero in, and yes you can calculate where to aim and zero without firing a single shot. It's not that complicated once you know how the system works. If you do not have line of sight you'll probably need a spotter somewhere else and slowly fire your way onto the target. That said, I think a less powerful option would be to just add the basic Arma 3 backpack mortar. You'll need 2 backpacks just like the other static turrets in the game (a tripod and the turret itself), which you then need to assemble in a fitting spot, do your fire support, disassemble, pack your backpacks into your vehicle of choice and then drive off again to a new location. This severly limits your mobility, not to mention how incredibly easy it is to kill the operator or disable the turret entirely. Compared to a vehicle you can just quickly drive off in again, even if you take shots.

So in my opinion I think a better option for a mortar, if a mortar is to be added, is the Arma 3 static Mk6 Mortar.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

this would actually be a good truck to combat bases thate have Vics on the roof, would make them feel less safe and make it 250k so its a worthy investment if you want to. i personalyl think it would add a different element.

If not the backpack Mortar would actually be awesome, also another great option to combat Roof Vics

I like the idea of mortars in general, but the artillery computer has to be taken out, the range needs to be limited and the mortar rounds have to do less dmg.

It could be done (config/scripting part) but would it be worth all the effort?

Edited by ImUnleasheD