Sign in to follow this  
IGA

Terrain quality

I think you need to fixate the quality of the landscape to the ultra, as it was done on Abramia. Because it isn't normal when I can see people on the mountain through the earth from the distance 300-400 meters. On Chernarus the low settings looked better, and it was not so noticeable.

• Like 5

I only experience the thing you re saying at 600/700m+. Also turn the settings of terrain to Ultra in arma settings and also to the highest in the view distance setting in xm8

Thanks for advice but I know how to change the graphics settings, I just think it's dishonest because you can look through the ground to the players, it is legal wallhack

image.thumb.png.20c4305ffbbf4280f270241e2093d25e.png

An example of what I was talking about, the distance to sand wall is about 250 meters and I can perfectly see how someone is running behind it without any wallhack, I think this is not normal

• Like 2

Switched off grass and environment sounds, whats next?

Agreed. Lets lock it on Normal as a minimum or only Ultra. But the second will affect on FPS.
Ofc Winky against Because 2 years ago you guys already played on server w/o grass and we all know how to abuse this :) But its not sound great. 
And all the time you need to change your settings to CQC or LR shooting. Of course if you dont know how to abuse low quallity terrains. Screw that.

Setting terrain to normal won't help much on Altis, when i first started playing exile it was on altis with terrain set to normal by default without the commodity of switching it up to ultra and terrain glitching was bad past 500m.

And by bad i mean you could be on the side of a hill and you'd be invisible to other players who are further away from you.

Also forcing it to ultra would kill fps for those who don't have a top of the line system.

7 hours ago, Mike Okain said:

Setting terrain to normal won't help much on Altis, when i first started playing exile it was on altis with terrain set to normal by default without the commodity of switching it up to ultra and terrain glitching was bad past 500m.

And by bad i mean you could be on the side of a hill and you'd be invisible to other players who are further away from you.

Also forcing it to ultra would kill fps for those who don't have a top of the line system.

the only one solution is to buy better PC, fps is not a problem at all

There will always be people who want a change and people who don't. It doesn't matter what you do it will never be possible to please everyone.

Same discussion was had for Abramia which in the end was changed, in my opinion (even though I didn't play it) it was a good change.

I guess in a way the invisible hills/mountains etc takes away a little bit of the immersion. Maybe even a lot of the immersion. The points raised about the issue as close as 200m are accurate, I have experienced it myself and to me it does feel kind of stupid how it happens.

Just humour me for a second and think about this: Arma is a mil sim, but you cant take out a little device and essentially turn on "hide mountains" in real life (yes its a game but just think about that) so it seems out of place to be able to do it in a game.

Since the change on Abramia, from memory, the server seems to have kept its popularity. I personally don't see what harm it would bring to the Altis server to change it in some way. It sure seems like it needs looked into just like it did on Abramia, I mean I've never seen it as bad as 200m+. You wouldn't think you would need to turn it up to ultra to shoot someone that close, but in some cases now you have to double check that before you shoot.

At the end of the day this is more of a discussion about player preference, some people/groups want it easy and others want it to feel a bit more realistic and fair. Like I said you wont be able to please everyone here unless someone can find some sort of compromise where both sides can agree.

i also agree with the change if it helps, its completely garbage if youre able to see through a few mountains and "spot" sb running 4km away...it takes away the whole challenge of finding ppl while not beeing seen and takes the possibility away to really "stealth" around in my opinion

Problem on Altis Vs Abramia is that the Grass is ALOT Taller on Altis compared to Abramia, it basicly means you have to Force it to Ultra and Peoples FPS will suffer, but we will take a look into what will be done, i agree it sucks to be able to see people trough hills.

My FPS got partly ruined on Abramia due to the terrain being set to ultra. On Altis my FPS would get absolutely destroyed. Please don't do this to me again :(

7 hours ago, Kara said:

My FPS got partly ruined on Abramia due to the terrain being set to ultra. On Altis my FPS would get absolutely destroyed. Please don't do this to me again 😞

buy better PC and you will have chance even to make videos

On 7/10/2018 at 4:38 PM, Kara said:

My FPS got partly ruined on Abramia due to the terrain being set to ultra. On Altis my FPS would get absolutely destroyed. Please don't do this to me again 😞

well sure that sucks but thats how it goes, if you want higher qualities in games (not talking about graphics specifically) you just have to upgrade your hardware from time to time and honestly...weve got a legal wallhack on the server thats absolutely garbage! i havent got a great pc too but would be ready to upgrade if its neccessary

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Okain said:

Terrain is pretty fucky on altis in most places, even setting terrain to high won't save most people.

Here's a comparison from one spot i remember being really bad

https://imgur.com/a/nPKotPv

lol, why normal worse than low?

20 hours ago, Mike Okain said:

Terrain is pretty fucky on altis in most places, even setting terrain to high won't save most people.

Here's a comparison from one spot i remember being really bad

https://imgur.com/a/nPKotPv

well...serious? ^^ sure its not perfect but its definetely waaaayyyy better than now! its not about wont being able to spot people easier if they are on a hill, the problem right now is i can see who is 4km away behind 3 hills