Enable night on Exile sever

should this sever have night?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. should this sever have night

• Yes
    • No

When I found out that this exile sever did night have night I was very disappointed and shocked. I have asked some people of how thet fell about this and one person replied "sadly it does not have night" many people would like for this to be a part of this sever, not only to increase roleplay but to improve pvp. Here are some reasons to add night to this exile sever:

-Add ropleplay

-Improve pvp

- Have a reason to use night vision and night vision scopes

-to use vehicle lighting

• Like 2

In the past we have had a day / night vote and also night time in the last 30 mins. Both did not work so well when the novelty wore off. The day vote always past and when it was the last 30 mins the whole server ground to a halt, as in not much PvP or missions being done. 

If a change was made I would suggest a short change from dusk to dawn happening in a span of 30 mins during the middle of the session. 

Just my 2p's worth from seeing the two other options not really work so well for a game That is not really rollplay or pve but a PvP game. 

• Like 2

As Jimlad stated. There was night in the past, but people always voted to keep it day. I personally love nights in Arma 3 and would love to have a night cycle on cherno, or at least the option to vote.

Currently there is a night cycle on our Abramia server. I suggest checking it out if you'd like some night gameplay.

• Love it! 1

Yeah if it was added I would suggest it be a shorter and random cycle of dusk to dawn and not at the end of the server session as nothing seemed to happen when it was the last 30 mins 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Most, if not all scopes are incompatible with NVGs (except open sights like a red dot) and since people think "everyone else is probably turning up their gamma to have the upper hand, I might as well do it too".
That being said, I too wish for some changes in ambience/daytime once in a while, maybe even weather, just to make it a little harder to spot people and it not being a perfect sunny day 24/7.
P.S. I guess the reason for the weather being disabled is for performance reasons so sidechat isn't crying "WHERE IS MUH FPS, IT SO LEGGY WITH RAIN AND FOG, ADMIN.....HELP FPS":

10-20 minutes before restart isn't really good because people will leave since the restart is coming and the server will be almost empty + there will be almost no pvp.. maybe 15 minutes night every hour

Edited by F_Society
  • Love it! 1

To all people saying that no one plays when it is night well I disagree, I think some of players but not most would disconnect.  Any weather change or night/ dusk would be great. You could even do special missions regarding night,you could make the black market only available at night time like on some other servers. I think that you should do a trial period and go from there.

black market being only availabe at nighttime seems like a terrible idea as it already gets camped super hard. politsai,xohsx,iga camp very frequently at the klen blackmarket if u didnt notice that. @KMH_41

Edited by Johnny Haze
  • Sad 1
18 minutes ago, KMH_41 said:

Will Chernarus have a night trial?

We've had night on multiple times and we just ended up going back to 24/7 day. It wont be changing anytime soon.

• Sad 1

not like it matters but that is really lame and i would try night for a small time

42 minutes ago, Sean said:

We've had night on multiple times and we just ended up going back to 24/7 day. It wont be changing anytime soon.

• Sean locked this topic