Can you please do something against camping missions with GMG/HMG vehicles from the top of bases?

Not nice to be on the receiving end I guess but you make a choice when you cap it's risk reward. If it works you get 50 / 60k and 10k respect. If it fails you die. 

Not many bases have the ability to do that. You need to scout out and then make your choice. The cap points don't expire so take your time before you decide to cap. 

ya.. i'm supposed to scout out 2km of land before capping a point. Of course it's high risk.. people could camp them with weapons outside or snipers at a distance but not GMG vehicles on top of bases like c'mon

37 minutes ago, F_Society said:

ya.. i'm supposed to scout out 2km of land before capping a point. Of course it's high risk.. people could camp them with weapons outside or snipers at a distance but not GMG vehicles on top of bases like c'mon

Yeah you are if you really don't want to die. Mark them on the map with family markers so you know safe cap points.  I am guessing you are new. You will learn soon enough what is safe and what's not and then can avoid or take the risk. 

I am new, yes, and i'm also a solo player. What am I supposed to do against armed unreachable vehicles that camp missions? You're only defending this because that guy is part of your group. All your arguments are invalid.. i shouldn't see a base at 1.7km away and think that i'm gonna get killed by a vehicle on top of it.. maybe sniped sure why not. What if I scout and the base seems clear? Then the guy just spawns the vehicle as soon as he sees the notification that someone is capping the point? What if he's not even at the base and comes back just to take out the vehicle and shoot someone at a mission nearby? This is wrong on so many levels

Edited by F_Society

People camp missions. They build their bases in strategic areas to do so.

This has been around forever and probably won't be changing any time soon.

There's not much you can do to combat this as a solo player other than doing missions when the server is lower pop, or avoiding capture points altogether.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, F_Society said:

You're only defending this because that guy is part of your group. All your arguments are invalid..

thats not how that works either.. part of a discussion is hearing both sides. his arguments matter especially because hes in a group with that guy...

and ye, it is kind of a lame thing to do, and it doesn't give you much of a chance to survive,

but whats the difference between him being in his base or him being on a hill an equal distance away.. you as a solo player inside a cap point would have no chance either way..

so perhaps your complaint should be aimed at GMG's in general?

• Like 1

yes I would have a chance.. no one carries a mobile GMG to place on a hill in the open, they're only used on bases. If he was on a hill with a sniper at 1.7km away do you think it would've been as easy for him to kill me? And my complaint shouldn't be aimed at GMG's in general because I only have something against GMG's on top of bases in a safe, unreachable spot camping missions. If he was in a GMG vehicle near me I would have had a chance to take him down with a launcher or sniper

• Like 1
3 hours ago, F_Society said:

yes I would have a chance.. no one carries a mobile GMG to place on a hill in the open, they're only used on bases. If he was on a hill with a sniper at 1.7km away do you think it would've been as easy for him to kill me? And my complaint shouldn't be aimed at GMG's in general because I only have something against GMG's on top of bases in a safe, unreachable spot camping missions. If he was in a GMG vehicle near me I would have had a chance to take him down with a launcher or sniper

Just so you know the marid is not currently in the loot table anymore so whoever does have one won't have many left. I was using one the other day and I got rpg'ed and lost it. Risk and reward is on both sides. 

You can't really moan about being solo either as plenty of groups or people wanting to team up on these forums and in game. It's you choice as it is to cap a mission. After all you could camp it yourself or camp the guy with the GMG instead. 

• 1 month later...

If you get tired of it, when they are online and you know the vehicle is out, fly back, halo to the base with some explosives and blow up the truck. Eventually their bank will get low. ?

“GOD SAVE US FROM HALF THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY'RE DOING GOD'S WORK.” - Dean Winchester

the only real way to fix this, or make both sides happy. is if the truck is on a roof, cant VG it, will make groups make bases that they can drive up sure but its the only thing i can think of, GMG Jackal shooting from base in Arma 2 was on any groups base that " had it all" The guy above me killed me with his GMG Tower shit base and we fought for weeks, eventually became friends and that was about 7 years ago maybe ?

Its just something thats frustrating, sure but there is ways to counter it, if it bothers you that much, find the base and camp it, i guarentee you if you keep annoying them on the roofs, they will stop doing it cause the risk isnt worth the effort anymore.