Northern Spawn Points

Should their be northern spawn points?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. northern spawn points

• Yes?
    • No?

Just a general question/poll on who actually likes the northern spawn points? Personally i'm not a fan of the spawn points.

some pros are :you Spawn up north, not having to spend time to get up north, the Traders pretty close and you have action right away at missions. However the cons of this is :You complete a mission, kill all the other players in surrounding areas and even in debug but they return 5 mins later because there are spawns ad gvod and ghost town and its Too easy, you have access to everything right away. I had a situation today where i dont blame the players but i was completing a mission and the same 2 groups of people came back a good 3-4 times before they eventually "gave up". Personally I've also done the same thing, returning to the mission less than 2 mins later retrieving my gear

I understand that this isn't no arma 2 but i miss the days when you could complete a mission and kill the players there at said mission and feel rewarded for it, instead of it feeling like a death match.

Like i said i'm just wondering what everyone's opinions are on this and if anyone has experienced this themselves. 

*Edit* Everything else on the server is great!

Edited by Whitey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love it! 2

I personally like the northern spawns. It allows people to get back into the action quicker, which you see as a bad thing. Exile is all about the action. The ability for people to spawn, get geared and get back into the fight is what makes it so appealing. 

Even without the northern spawn points, people have the ability to spawn at their base, which may be close to a mission you're trying to complete. Although, they're limited to 1 spawn ever X minutes.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
20 minutes ago, Nick said:

I personally like the northern spawns. It allows people to get back into the action quicker, which you see as a bad thing. Exile is all about the action. The ability for people to spawn, get geared and get back into the fight is what makes it so appealing. 

Even without the northern spawn points, people have the ability to spawn at their base, which may be close to a mission you're trying to complete. Although, they're limited to 1 spawn ever X minutes.

Yeah, i agree. I like the action. However it gets a little annoying when you kill people at a mission and minutes later they are already back and fighting. Personally i feel that you aint "rewarded" for killing those players and you can lose everything you have earn't in a second.  

"Even without the northern spawn points, people have the ability to spawn at their base, which may be close to a mission you're trying to complete. Although, they're limited to 1 spawn ever X minutes." - Personally i dont mind this as they've set that base up and had to pay for that base. The fact the mission is next to their base is a chance so it doesn't make it as bad and if they respawn at their base and come back, then fair enough. they've spend that 1 spawn they get to get back their and this gives you some caution towards the bases around you as you don't know if they own them etc. idk. I understand why some people like the spawns but personally i feel it gets a little deathmatchy especially if the server is at 60 pop.

• Like 2

You can get a "Deathmatch" feel at any mission that's near a spawn location, not just the Northern ones.. The only way to fix what you're complaining about is to add cooldown timers to every spawn point.

Well yeah i guess. Like i said it isn't really a complaint. Its just a general opinion and question. I'm just wondering who likes what. Like i said as far as i know there isn't any arma 3 servers that offer the arma 2 overpoch style missions where it was just fun and didn't have a constant spawn of people coming back to the missions making it feel like we were playing on balota airfield even when up in debug.

I dont mind it too much, sure, they can get back in no time, but you know where theyre gonna come from, you know where the bodies are that they're heading to, and you know what gear they'll have..

part of the fight is preventing someone from getting their shit back ? and so is having your team cover you while you attempt to get your gear back.

though it can be very frustrating when you kill the same 2 people over and over and eventually 1 of em gets you and gets out with your shit ?

• Like 1

Thing is if we do something like this its gonna be more of a DAYZ type of gameplay, filled with even more campers and ppl who dont dare to actually push\attack people and we would literally just kill spawntown pvp.

• Like 2

I would have to agree with Rosco on this. That will open up the possibility for the already geared people blocking of missions more effectively as that is what those spawns are most commonly used to. Have you guys ever seen gvodzno when there is a CP close by? It is a quick draw competition that will in the end draw in the snipers to the hills and the CP / other worthwhile mission is there all alone and perhaps someone might get it done. Most often it just leads in to side chat banter about spawn camping and then no one completing the mission due to not being able to spawn there and actually get to the mission. 

I can see the point also where you would want to have more spawn points up north but in my opinion without them you actually would be forced to think how you engage your enemies rather then go in guns blazing already being ready to respawn.

Edited by Jukka-Pekka
  • Like 1

Bad idea. SG is setup for action.  Take the northern points away and you end up with groups having loads of northern bases to spawn in. Missions don't get down up north.  And parts of the map don't get uses. People camp more as don't wanna die because they will spawn so far away. 

• Like 3