Base Limit Height  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should base height limit be lowered?

• Yes
    • No

Hello, I have two ideas that I just wanna know the opinions of others.

First I thought about how high bases were and how annoying they were. I think that the base height limit should be lower b/c it kind of prevents you from doing anything around missions. Every time I do a mission there is some dude up on a base who has perfect visual of the mission so there is no going around it to grab the dank loot. I feel that bases should be used to store stuff and only shoot out of them if people are indeed close by instead of shooting down at missions all the time. I am not able to go in the middle of the map anymore b/c of these bases. Yes, long range sniping is cool and all and I respect those who do it but simply just aiming down on a mission barely 500m away w/ an LMG and third personing is just annoying and cannot be countered, to be honest. 

And second what about the occasional launcher spawning at rad or something? Just curious if that should be a thing or not. ? That's just my opinion let's hear yours. 

The current height is 30m. What height limit were you thinking? I feel this is a good limit because it allows people to build decently sized bases without them being massive towers. As for base campers, you'll have that whether the limit is 100m or 10m. People build their bases in strategic locations to utilize them to their fullest. Our Abramia Exile server has the base building height limited to 20m. If you go on there you'll see the same thing. People camping bases to get an advantage over others. In my opinion, it's part of the game and won't change. As long as people have the ability to sit in the comfort of their base and do missions / camp for kills, they will. 

Also with the current mod setup and having the Extended Base Mod's Castle Tower, it would be hard to reduce the height without doing a wipe or forcing people to massively alter their bases.

Not much you can do about this it's part of the game. You need to create a family and mark bases with names and see who is online. If the base is more than 1000m from the mission then it's not going to be Taht easy for the camper to get a 'easy shot'. Keep moving don't stand still and use a car like a strider with smokes to cover you as you load a box. Or avoid the mission if you think the risk is not worth it. 

However it's pretty easy to get the cap point. Loot the money and run 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Nick said:

The current height is 30m. What height limit were you thinking? I feel this is a good limit because it allows people to build decently sized bases without them being massive towers. As for base campers, you'll have that whether the limit is 100m or 10m. People build their bases in strategic locations to utilize them to their fullest. Our Abramia Exile server has the base building height limited to 20m. If you go on there you'll see the same thing. People camping bases to get an advantage over others. In my opinion, it's part of the game and won't change. As long as people have the ability to sit in the comfort of their base and do missions / camp for kills, they will. 

Also with the current mod setup and having the Extended Base Mod's Castle Tower, it would be hard to reduce the height without doing a wipe or forcing people to massively alter their bases.

Fair enough but I feel like it just keeps me from using most of the inner map tbh. ?

11 minutes ago, Jimlad said:

Not much you can do about this it's part of the game. You need to create a family and mark bases with names and see who is online. If the base is more than 1000m from the mission then it's not going to be Taht easy for the camper to get a 'easy shot'. Keep moving don't stand still and use a car like a strider with smokes to cover you as you load a box. Or avoid the mission if you think the risk is not worth it. 

However it's pretty easy to get the cap point. Loot the money and run 

Easier said than done lol. Every time I try that I get gunned down by navids and those just de_stroy armored vehicles 

just bait them out, have your teammate stare at the base with his scope abit further away from you, then expose yourself.. in order for him to get a shot on you he'd have to get in sight of your teammate whos already scoped in and zeroed onto it,

your teammate should be able to take him out before he can get his shot off on you..

plenty of things you can do with a basecamper watching a mission..

once you know someones in their base camping a mission, just adapt your playstyle to it.. you know hes there, hes not gonna leave his base since he has a prime position, so just ignore him.. stay out of his sight and focus on spotting other people around you..

hes in his base, even if you kill him, you wont get anything out of it, so why worry about it?

Yea, changing the height limit won't impact base camping that much. But the 2nd question got absolutely ignored. You could make a separate topic for it but still, would be nice to see some MAAWS and C90 in rad or even alamuts.

6 minutes ago, Solomon said:

But the 2nd question got absolutely ignored. You could make a separate topic for it but still, would be nice to see some MAAWS and C90 in rad or even alamuts.

Launchers wont be getting added to the loot table.

• Like 1