8G player scan balance.

I quite like the mechanic for the most part but isn't it quite easily exploitable?

Going off the 8G Network should have drawbacks, but it doesn't. You stay grouped, you can see where your party is - you can toggle the 8G Network to a hotkey so easily player scan if you need to. Essentially the only negative to being off the network is the extra key press before and after a scan.

As it stands I think it punishes those less savvy, it would be much better if you lost group as soon as you're off the network - then you have a good risk / reward system.

• Like 2

Yeah I dont see how that would benefit anyone tbh.
- Not to sound rude or mean cause I think your heart is in the right place. 

- But if you lost your group when you're off the network. That would also ruin it for the smaller groups
- Going off the network only makes it impossible to invite you to a family or a group. 
- You can still use the private chat if you want to get in contact with the person.
- Hotkey was made in the hopes that more people would take use of the function to turn off the 8G network so that you can't rely on the scan even if it says " 0 " 

- Regarding a balance issue, then I dont see one. Perhaps the other admins have a different viewpoint than my own of course.

• Like 1

Not staying grouped while the 8g is off is an interesting idea.

Personally, I think it's fine the way it currently is. As Trash stated you can't fully rely on the 8g scan. So I don't really see a balancing issue. 

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Not staying grouped while the 8g is off is an interesting idea.

Personally, I think it's fine the way it currently is. As Trash stated you can't fully rely on the 8g scan. So I don't really see a balancing issue. 

Yeah not relying on it is good balance, you quickly learn which groups keep off it and which don't. That adds an interesting level to the mechanic.

I just think there needs to be more of a negative effect to not being on the Network, it's there so you can group with your team mates and see their location. It doesn't make sense for this to work when you're not on the Network, it almost seems like a bug.

14 minutes ago, I'm Trash said:

Yeah I dont see how that would benefit anyone tbh.
- But if you lost your group when you're off the network. That would also ruin it for the smaller groups

I think it does the opposite, a small group has a much easier time coordinating themselves without party markers. So being off the 8G Network would help level that playing field. 

If you're in a group of 6 it's a harder decision to go off the Network (if you ungrouped), purely because of how chaotic it could be keeping track of everyone.

True to a certain aspect. But removing the group markers would not be the ideal choice I would make. Needs a different approach if you ask me.
- the idea sounds interesting but in all honesty, then people in bigger groups dont always turn it off either since they cant be bothered

The 8G Network is a tool to help you not to rely on it 100%. However it would be nice if there'd be some disadvantages if you disable it. Most people don't disable it though because they either don't know about it or just forget about it from time to time.

19 hours ago, Jimlad said:

Disable the ability to turn it off if your are in a group / family. 

Help the solo player. Groups show on at all times. 

i like this, this means you can make the choice to not be in a group if you want to be stealthy, with the added side effect that you might shoot your supposed-teammates, which is easier for smaller groups, so it balances itself out..

ofc this should be group though, since i dont want to leave my family just because im the only one of my party who's online and i want to be stealthy.. i'd annoy the shit out of the rest of my group by constantly asking for new family invites ?

Edited by Setavai

May I wonder why you are really going on about this? as it is now it seems just fine. You do realize that most of the players that are in a group they are also in the same family, which means they can then just use the visible GPS map to see where their members are. Also I personally would not even need the grouping, since you need to COMMUNICATE with you team anyway and tell where you are. I know this is something that is not obvious for some especially the new groups.

On 6/11/2018 at 9:52 PM, Jimlad said:

Disable the ability to turn it off if your are in a group / family. 

Help the solo player. Groups show on at all times. 

I somewhat see the point here but would it really make the difference? The solo player could run the scan only every 5 minutes anyway.

TL:DR; I would not touch the 8G network thing at all. 

8 hours ago, deringers said:

You do realize that most of the players that are in a group they are also in the same family, which means they can then just use the visible GPS map to see where their members are.

Your GPS map doesnt update your teammates locations unless you open your map..

an enemy might bump into you in a location where you thought a teammate was, you stop and ask your teammates if thats them, or check your map to confirm their locations.. he just straight up shoots you without a second of doubt because he knows there arent any teammates of his nearby.. that split second can easily be the difference between winning and losing a fight..

Also I personally would not even need the grouping, since you need to COMMUNICATE with you team anyway and tell where you are. I know this is something that is not obvious for some especially the new groups.

Not everyone can perfectly describe their exact location at all times, and not everyone can understand those descriptions at all times, once again, a split second of confusion is already a split second more then what your opponent would have..

I somewhat see the point here but would it really make the difference? The solo player could run the scan only every 5 minutes anyway.

It would make a difference.. because its not about being able to scan only once every 5 minutes, its about not showing up on those scans yourself..

your single scan will give you 5 players in the area, you know what to expect, you can adapt or prepare for it.

their scan every 1 minute (theyre 5 players, if they rotate their scans they can do a scan every minute) isnt giving them anything..

sure, its a 5vs1 fight, but you know its at the very least a 5vs1, you'll play more carefully or just back off from the fight, and they wont even know you were there unless they spot you..