Offline Raiding

Increase the number of players needed to hack safes&flag to 25 or even 30. 15 is way too low and almost no one will bother to interfere with a raid out of other 14 people so it'll be pretty easy. 25/30 isn't a big limit either , I log in early morning at 7-8 UTC+2 and there's even more than 30 sometimes.

I never understood why you couldn't script base raiding to work only if someone from the family/territory is online (or have not been online for 3 days)

Seems to be a fair way to do it, base raiding is 10x more exciting when people are defending their base anyway.

1 hour ago, kashinoda said:

I never understood why you couldn't script base raiding to work only if someone from the family/territory is online (or have not been online for 3 days)

Well they'd have to script it so that the players being raided can't just log off

And what happens when the server restarts and the players being raided don't log in?

Easiest "fix" would be to only allow raiding between X and X hours

Some players are already upset about there needing to Be 15 players. Increasing the number to 30 would restrict base raiding too much in my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

Easiest "fix" would be to only allow raiding between X and X hours

Again I feel this would be too restrictive. Needing 15 players to start / complete a hack seems like a good middle ground.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Nick said:

Some players are already upset about there needing to Be 15 players. Increasing the number to 30 would restrict base raiding too much in my opinion. 

Again I feel this would be too restrictive. Needing 15 players to start / complete a hack seems like a good middle ground.

Well, check this out. https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arma3/1447962?playerCount=7D

The lowest player count in the last 7 days was 11, and that happened for a VERY short period of time during the night, of course. And it rarely happens that it goes down below 15, it's mostly 20/25+ almost all the time except very very late night..  so with the current cap people can easily offline raid every night 

If it bothers you that much solomon join a group for better security of your base or find a better way to keep your base safe there no need to change the required pop to hack because it has stopped people plenty of times from completing there raids.

Edited by MrTickles

Not really a problem for myself personally but I don't know how that stops people plenty of times. If you'd look on the stats I posted you'd see that only ONCE the player count dropped under 15. 

Then if it not a problem for yourself why change it honestly I'm not seeing anyone else complaining and sides if you get raided gather your stuff back up and raid them back it the whole point of the pvp making it higher just restricts the whole purpose of raiding. 

also if you read the current restriction on raiding even for a group such as WAT it can take at least 6 hours to get a whole base emptied specially with blue safes taking 25 min to hack and the hacker only gets 5 tries a safe to hack as well to mention if next server restart the play pop can be less than 15 online then the raid becomes a failed one. So really there already enough counters to raiding.

1 hour ago, MrTickles said:

Then if it not a problem for yourself why change it honestly I'm not seeing anyone else complaining and sides if you get raided gather your stuff back up and raid them back it the whole point of the pvp making it higher just restricts the whole purpose of raiding. 

also if you read the current restriction on raiding even for a group such as WAT it can take at least 6 hours to get a whole base emptied specially with blue safes taking 25 min to hack and the hacker only gets 5 tries a safe to hack as well to mention if next server restart the play pop can be less than 15 online then the raid becomes a failed one. So really there already enough counters to raiding.

Can t raid back if u have no idea who offline raided u. Anyway, if the limit is indeed 25 then the post can be locked, i was suggesting it to be raised because I thought it was 15, according to this post.  So yea an admin can lock&update the post :)

https://www.spartangaming.co.uk/topic/4-tips-and-useful-information-exile-chernarus-isles/

Edited by Solomon

Both servers were changed to 15, it was fine at the time but since Chernarus is poppin' all the time now we can change it back to 25.

Edit: All of that stuff is listed here: 

• 1 month later...

I don't care for offline raiders or raiding but it is apart of the game. Learn to adjust your building for defensive and learn from each time they come in. Make it cost more then they are receiving in the raid. If they're spending 500k to get to your safes and only getting 100k from those safes then they'll learn to leave you alone.

“GOD SAVE US FROM HALF THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY'RE DOING GOD'S WORK.” - Dean Winchester