Base building and raiding rules

Hey!

So far been having alot of fun on the server. But I have a few questions about base building rules and raiding as it's not 100% clear in the rules section.

One rule says:

• Your flag must be accessible at the bottom.

Yet i have seen a couple of bases protecting their flags by placing concrete floors stacked on top of eachother. So the flag is not accessible without first destroying a couple of floors.

Are you allowed to have no doors? So you can block off entrance with a concrete wall and just move it whenever you go in/out? 

No rules on having ground access by stairs/floors. So can I build a saferoom in the air and only having a concrete stair that i move whenever i go in/out?

Also first time playing on a server with the extended base mod. How do I destroy these objects? Like the Castle tower that seems to be very popular, what do you need to destroy it? Satchel charges or big mommas?

Lastly i've been looking for any information on raiding times. How long is a safe/vg hack and what percentage to fail? How many batteries do you need to grind a lock and how long does it take?

Thanks 

• Like 1

Hey Homeslice.

I understand that this rules isn't clear and I am sorry for the confusion caused. The rule basically means that the flag can be covered with anything destructible (Almost everything is destructible using the correct explosive charge. Apart from H-Barriers. Not sure if anything else is not destructible).

• You don't need a direct door to access it your flag.
  • You can cover your flag with destructible objects.
  • The thicker bottom part of the flag must be above ground. (This is where the flag can be stolen from)

About having your flag in a floating box. This is not allowed, it states in the rules to "Be sure to keep your flag on the ground.".

Hope this clears everything up for you, I will work on rewriting the rules to make it clearer for everyone.

• Like 3

Hi,

Thank you for the swift reply, was confused whether it was allowed or not to have flag inside objects.

But regarding the floating room it was not if you can have your flag there. Lets say i build a floating room and put a couple of safes in there. Then i move the stairs to the side so nobody can go up there. And so i move the stairs back every time i need to enter myself. It would make the safes virtually impossible to raid, but is it against the rules or no?

Cheers

Edited by Homeslice

That will be fine to do with a safe room. It's your base, you need to protect it.

But do note, people can place charges while rappelling and get in the side of your safe room. Obviously that depends on how you decide to make it :1_grinning:

• Like 1

Oh shit didn't even think about the rapelling! 

Migrating over from a server with strict building rules and very fast on the trigger if they found anything breaking the rules the slightest, so forive me for being cautious :7_sweat_smile:

Btw how do i destroy the castle towers in extended base mod??

• Like 1

Castle Towers can be destroyed with 3 Big Mommas. Each construction will take 3 charges, just like the Exile constructions.

Here is a list that the mod creator made of what can be destroyed. It is written with class names but most of them are fairly easy to know what is what.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2fcogzkcw1qx2j/Destructable List.cpp?dl=0

Firstly thanks for the clarification around base building. I just had a couple of questions around the floating safe room concept;

1. If you are able to rappel and blow the side wall of a floating room are you then able to access it from the side? If so how?

2. Is it possible to rappel from choppers? I was thinking if it isn't then it wouldn't be possible to access a floating safe room with no roof above it. I realise a counter argument to this that you could land on the roof of the safe room, but then if its covered in indestructible h-boxes then this is not an option...

Thanks

Edited by Slothy
i had been a tit
On 2017-10-29 at 11:16 PM, Sean said:

Castle Towers can be destroyed with 3 Big Mommas. Each construction will take 3 charges, just like the Exile constructions.

Here is a list that the mod creator made of what can be destroyed. It is written with class names but most of them are fairly easy to know what is what.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2fcogzkcw1qx2j/Destructable List.cpp?dl=0

Wait so basically i can put 20 wood flors on top of each other of the bottom of my flag and it would be impossible to raid the flag?

10 minutes ago, Mikko said:

Its not impossible, it just take times ;)

Well if someone has 20 concrete floors on their flag it's not only gonna take time but how tf will anyone succeed in blowing all those floors without getting killed?

Edit: 20 concrete floors would take 5 hours of nonstop planting big mommas to destroy, you telling me that's feasible? xd

Edited by Homeslice
On 03/11/2017 at 1:03 PM, Slothy said:

I was wondering if it's possible to plant big momma's on the edges of floors (IE where the rebar pokes out) then maybe you could just blow 3 or 4 and crawl underneath?

It will work but i can guarantee you will make glitch logs during stealing. The animation will make your playermodel stand up and poke head through few floors :)

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, jungle man said:

Is griefing a base you've raided illegal? 

Anything not mentioned in the rules should be legal until stated otherwise by the rules and/or staff. Depending on your definition of greifing, it could be legal or illegal. So if you want to define griefing I could tell you in more detail.

• 3 months later...

Personally, it's a little absurd that you can stack 10 concrete floors on top of each other to cover your flag. Takes all of the creativity out of building base protection. There's pretty much no reason to not stack floors, which makes stealing the flag non-profitable. But that's just me.

13 hours ago, React_ said:

Personally, it's a little absurd that you can stack 10 concrete floors on top of each other to cover your flag. Takes all of the creativity out of building base protection. There's pretty much no reason to not stack floors, which makes stealing the flag non-profitable. But that's just me.

The rules has been changed since this post has been made so that you are no longer allowed to do this. Now your flag needs to be in a 1x1 box with nothing else inside of the room, on top of and besides this box however you can stack floors and walls. This makes protecting your flag properly a bit more expensive compared to how it was previously.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MrAndy said:

The rules has been changed since this post has been made so that you are no longer allowed to do this. Now your flag needs to be in a 1x1 box with nothing else inside of the room, on top of and besides this box however you can stack floors and walls. This makes protecting your flag properly a bit more expensive compared to how it was previously.

Ok awesome! Thanks for the clarification!

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2017 at 3:43 PM, Homeslice said:

Hey!

So far been having alot of fun on the server. But I have a few questions about base building rules and raiding as it's not 100% clear in the rules section.

One rule says:

• Your flag must be accessible at the bottom.

Yet i have seen a couple of bases protecting their flags by placing concrete floors stacked on top of eachother. So the flag is not accessible without first destroying a couple of floors.

Onlinesbi sudoku incometaxindiaefiling

Are you allowed to have no doors? So you can block off entrance with a concrete wall and just move it whenever you go in/out? 

No rules on having ground access by stairs/floors. So can I build a saferoom in the air and only having a concrete stair that i move whenever i go in/out?

Also first time playing on a server with the extended base mod. How do I destroy these objects? Like the Castle tower that seems to be very popular, what do you need to destroy it? Satchel charges or big mommas?

Lastly i've been looking for any information on raiding times. How long is a safe/vg hack and what percentage to fail? How many batteries do you need to grind a lock and how long does it take?

Thanks 

Edited by garynino