Hello SG community!

I play in a duo, we have started playing on the Arma 3 exile server about a month ago after coming from Arma 2 overpoch. It's a huge learning curve even though we have been playing Arma 3 on and off over the years. 

Exile is a huge learning curve, in Arma 2 the building system was rather different and we are currently trying to learn how the base building works. 

We have got the basics down but now that we want to build up we have opted to stop building in wood and plunge into concrete as it would be far better. So far I have found it hard to understand how people manage to build huge huge bases out of concrete? 

We have been at it for the last 2 weeks but as of yet we are only a fraction into converting the already made section of the base over to concrete, yet I am seeing huge concrete bases going up in a matter of hours/days yet it is taking us ages. 

Am I missing something? I have made the trip of buying cement bags, sand and all the other bits required to make concrete base parts, it takes ages and it's rather costly. Plus the fact I never see anyone using the cement mixer on the map so how are they getting so much building parts? I know there are building missions but we have completed a handful and got maybe 5 concrete building parts...

any help would be greatly appreciated as I am always wanting to learn more about this amazing mod. 

Pure

Hi

Easiest way to get Concrete is Supply Drops, Missions, Capture Points, or the CDF Mission.

Or just grind ALOT of poptabs and buy the stuff of the Inmate Market.

You can grind Poptabs pretty easy in the Radiaton Zone with a gasmask and picking up high value items like Snipers\Laptops\Base Cameras and more.

As Rosco stated the easiest and quickest way of obtaining concrete building materials is by doing missions. Pretty much any mission can spawn concrete parts and building specific missions like the Ikea ones tend to have a lot. The CDF Island is great if you can complete it and get out alive. There's typically at least one crate that has a ton of concrete building parts inside. 

Good luck!

also those bases you see popping up out of nowhere in full concrete are usually bases from groups that have been around for a while, and have decided to relocate their base for whatever reason, or already have established their first base and decided on building another with their stashed parts,

we all had to start collecting at some point, some groups are just able to gather the parts quicker due to numbers, luck, or experience..

Edited by Setavai
  • 7 months later...
On 5/31/2018 at 9:13 AM, Setavai said:

also those bases you see popping up out of nowhere in full concrete are usually bases from groups that have been around for a while, and have decided to relocate their base for whatever reason, or already have established their first base and decided on building another with their stashed parts,

we all had to start collecting at some point, some groups are just able to gather the parts quicker due to numbers, luck, or experience..

Sorry for "waking up" this old thread but: Is it allowed to have multiple bases? I was told its only one allowed per family.