New tanks dlc balance.

So with the new Tank DLC I have noticed that Panthers/Marids and Bobcats now get destroyed with one well placed Alamut HEAT round.

Personally I think this is a bad game mechanic choice by Bohemia but it makes sense when thinking logically.

They are charge shaped AT rounds aren’t they.

This got me thinking about the effects if you guys would remove HEAT rounds.

Think about it :

Hunter/Striders/Ifrits now take 2RPG hits in stead of one.So the occupants might have a change of getting away with there lives.

Panthers/Bobcats and Marids might be viable again if they don’t get one banged.

Anti HEAT round protection cages are dynamic but only stop one round.

(They are bugged ATM and don’t work properly).

It’s not nr1 of things I would like to see changed to the server but I wanted to point out this new balance that came with the Tanks DLC.

I think part of the issue here is that Hunters/striders/ifrits are still available as if they havent been buffed,

i'd say making them harder to obtain would eventually balance it out abit more, since they are buffed quite abit now

also some vehicles now have stuff like the protection cages, and deltawolf brought this up when we were playing earlier, but it would be nice to have a trader where you can attach such components to your vehicles so that (once they work properly) you can survive a rocket and the dynamic protection cage gets used up, you can make your way to a trader and replace it again

While spectating a player on Cherno last night he shoot 3 rockets into a Bobcat at CDF before it blows also seen hunters die to 1 rocket as usual, so no idea where you got this information about, i'll go out in debug and test it a little later just to be 100% sure

Just did some testing with the Alamut HEAT rockets and what I found was:

A Panther can take 4 rocket directly to the front before being destroyed

If shot on either side or rear it only takes 1 rocket to be destroyed. 

The Bobcat takes 4 rockets to the front to be destroyed

If shot in the rear only 1 rocket, but takes 3 on the side.

The Hunter and Ifrits only take 1 HEAT rocket from any side.  For Striders, 2 took 2 rockets while another only took 1 rocket.

I do think the Panther / Bobcat should be able to resist more than 1 rocket before it explodes.  Bohemia must have screwed something up.

• Like 2

I've shot at an ifrits HMG's wheel yesterday with an m320,

after a full mag of 7 shots i failed at taking out a wheel.. should probably also look at that, rather then just focusing on the rockets.. cause i feel like its much more difficult to take out / cripple or shoot someone out of them then it used to be..

or maybe the m320 just sucks now which is also a possibility since i actually never use it :P

30 minutes ago, Setavai said:

after a full mag of 7 shots i failed at taking out a wheel.. should probably also look at that, rather then just focusing on the rockets.. cause i feel like its much more difficult to take out / cripple or shoot someone out of them then it used to be..

or maybe the m320 just sucks now which is also a possibility since i actually never use it :P

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Setavai said:

Could have been a bugged vehicle, that sometimes happen, as Nick shows above they are as they used to

MRAPs have actually been nerfed recently as you guys probably noticed(no more BEEFRITS).

You can get shot out by smaller calibers from front and sides now.

But all RCWS (HMG)turrets should be harder to take out next update.

Source :Bohemia.

Dont know if they did anything to buff the wheels though.

@Nick @Rosco ColtraneI hope it’s a screw up but it could very well be the new balance if they get the caging to work properly.

Is there a way get dynamic vehicle load outs to work in Exile?

I do not know ACAB about Dynamic Loadouts for Vehicles i remember me and Sean looked into it before but we never did anything with it.

Thing is with Panther and Bobcats they are not meant to be driven around and be to OP on our servers that is why they are priced as high as they are, they are meant to be gotten as a Reward from CDF and Cargo Tower mission and Sold most of the time, that was their intention back in the day.

5 hours ago, Rosco Coltrane said:

While spectating a player on Cherno last night he shoot 3 rockets into a Bobcat at CDF before it blows also seen hunters die to 1 rocket as usual, so no idea where you got this information about, i'll go out in debug and test it a little later just to be 100% sure

i know the artillery tanks are not in here but those tanks have alot more armor and u can take them out with one wellplaced rocket, same with bobcat and panther