Hey new here, I'm looking to get back into Arma and looking for a good server. I stumbled across these servers, I tried to read up on it and its all really confusing, can someone give me a TLDR of what these servers are about?

I tried to look for a war kind of server, 1 team vs another team, and something like a team has to defend a base/checkpoint, while the other team assaults that checkpoint and tries to take over, however don't think that exists.

Anyway, these servers looks interesting 

These servers are based on Exile which is a mod that is based mainly in PvP combat, with PvE missions sprinkled in. You as a player will spawn in with very little gear, have to loot said gear and sell it to gain money (Pop Tabs) to buy new and better gear, vehicles, or build your base. All players will most likely be hostile to you unless you can find a group to play with. I'm not sure if Exile is quite what you are looking for from your description but I can say it's quite a fun way to play none the less.

What you describe sounds a bit more like King of the Hill, where 3 teams tries to capture a town placed in the middle. The one team with the most players within the zone will accumulate points and the first team to 100 points wins that round and the game will restart. This is entirely PvP combat.

Or you could try something called Invade and Annex which is, I believe, PvE but it's more or less players doing missions out and about across the entire map from a main base. Like clearing a town of hostiles, blowing up artillery positions, or things like that. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MrAndy said:

These servers are based on Exile which is a mod that is based mainly in PvP combat, with PvE missions sprinkled in. You as a player will spawn in with very little gear, have to loot said gear and sell it to gain money (Pop Tabs) to buy new and better gear, vehicles, or build your base. All players will most likely be hostile to you unless you can find a group to play with. I'm not sure if Exile is quite what you are looking for from your description but I can say it's quite a fun way to play none the less.

What you describe sounds a bit more like King of the Hill, where 3 teams tries to capture a town placed in the middle. The one team with the most players within the zone will accumulate points and the first team to 100 points wins that round and the game will restart. This is entirely PvP combat.

Or you could try something called Invade and Annex which is, I believe, PvE but it's more or less players doing missions out and about across the entire map from a main base. Like clearing a town of hostiles, blowing up artillery positions, or things like that. 

Hey thanks for the reply, sounds interesting I will try it out.

I looked up invade and annex but looks like no servers on game tracker, any other way I can find servers ?

5 minutes ago, Domm1998 said:

Hey thanks for the reply, sounds interesting I will try it out.

I looked up invade and annex but looks like no servers on game tracker, any other way I can find servers ?

Try downloading https://a3launcher it will launch with all of the required mods for servers as well :) 

3 minutes ago, Domm1998 said:

Oh thank you! So game modes recommended are king of the hill and invade and annex?

It's been a good while since I last played Invade and Annex but I'm pretty sure it's still around, I used to play on Ahoy World. Not sure if they are still around though.

As for KOTH (King of the Hill) you can just join any available server, they are all hived and you'll keep your stats and unlocks on all the different servers. Just make sure you use the same Arma 3 User profile.

I would definitely recommend giving Exile a try though, it can be quite fun. :) Especially with friends.

20 minutes ago, MrAndy said:

It's been a good while since I last played Invade and Annex but I'm pretty sure it's still around, I used to play on Ahoy World. Not sure if they are still around though.

As for KOTH (King of the Hill) you can just join any available server, they are all hived and you'll keep your stats and unlocks on all the different servers. Just make sure you use the same Arma 3 User profile.

I would definitely recommend giving Exile a try though, it can be quite fun. :) Especially with friends.

Oh I see.

Only problem with Exile is I don't have friends who play arma so that would be a problem haha

1 minute ago, Domm1998 said:

Oh I see.

Only problem with Exile is I don't have friends who play arma so that would be a problem haha

There's plenty of other solo players here! Some looking for others to play with so maybe you can group up with some of them if that interests you. :) Definitely possible to play solo too though.

22 minutes ago, MrAndy said:

There's plenty of other solo players here! Some looking for others to play with so maybe you can group up with some of them if that interests you. :) Definitely possible to play solo too though.

Yeah I think I will give Exile a try, just to clarify, you basically grind for gear buy/sell gear you collect. In terms of PVP is it you shoot anyone you want and you can loot them?

4 minutes ago, Domm1998 said:

Yeah I think I will give Exile a try, just to clarify, you basically grind for gear buy/sell gear you collect. In terms of PVP is it you shoot anyone you want and you can loot them?

In a nut shell, yes. :) If you have further questions while in-game then just ask in side chat and people will answer you.

If you try KOTH(King of the hill) then start off on the "infantry" servers.

They are overall less chaos because they only allow light armed vehicles.

No jets,attack choppers and tanks.

It makes a big difference.