Mod suggestion

Hey, thanks for taking your time to write us this suggestion.

We have been recommended Enhanced Movement plenty of times, we have considered and tested it. We don't think it's right for our server.

As for the Advanced Sling Loading, we already use that. You just don't need it as a client mod to use. Jump in a helicopter and you will see the scroll option to drop the cargo ropes.

1 hour ago, MrJeges said:

oohh so is it working only with helis ?

Sling Loading is only for helicopters, but you are able to pick up anything with the ropes.

We also use Advanced Towing, and that is for ground vehicles to tow other vehicles.

Just to add, I'm not sure why but the slinging on helis seems really weird and I don't know why. As in when slinging anything from a crate to a car it will just release itself from the ropes at some point and fling to its death, even when going really slow

7 hours ago, Vaas said:

Just to add, I'm not sure why but the slinging on helis seems really weird and I don't know why. As in when slinging anything from a crate to a car it will just release itself from the ropes at some point and fling to its death, even when going really slow

I believe this is an issue within Exile/Arma itself, introduced a good few months ago. You can circumvent this by the pilot being the last person to be in the driver seat of the vehicle you are sling loading, this makes it not as prone to falling. For example, if you are slinging an Offroad with a Taru, the pilot of the Taru has to be the last person who was in the driver seat of the Offroad for the entirety of the flight. People can be in the passenger seats of the Offroad, but can not enter the driver seat, less you want to end up a burning wreck eventually. :P This can not be done with crates however, so they are unfortunately very tricky to sling. 

On the topic of rope related suggestions, I would personally like to see "Advanced Rappelling" added. This would allow you to not only rappel off of buildings, but also from helicopters. Would in my opinion be a good addition for Exile.

Edited by MrAndy
Added suggestion.

Its issue of desync. Server stops recieving data as to where the crate is so the crate simply freezes in air. That causes the ropes to stretch too far and snap. That causes crate to fall.

Or worse, ropes dont snap but crate literally bounces back into heli causing it to blow up.

3 hours ago, Aintence said:

Its issue of desync. Server stops recieving data as to where the crate is so the crate simply freezes in air. That causes the ropes to stretch too far and snap. That causes crate to fall.

Or worse, ropes dont snap but crate literally bounces back into heli causing it to blow up.

Yeah, something to do with how Exile/Arma deals with desync or lag compensation. At some point I never saw it happen, and then suddenly vehicles are dropping from the sky. I've seen it on several servers, so I do not believe there is anything we can effectively do to stop it I'm afraid. If there is, I'm sure we will look into it. :)

• Like 1