Remove no PvP zone

Would it be possible to consider removing the no PvP zone? If necessary, increase the safe zone area to compensate for it.

I don't see the reason why you have it. It creates more disputes that are hard to determine (was it camping, engaging after a player have entered no PvP zone or combat evading?) and adds more workload onto admins to follow up on the salt. 

• Like 2

The only difference between the none pvp and the safe zone will be the godmode. there is no need have a trader zone that large we will discuss it to see if it is viable but i doubt it. 

however thanks for your suggestion.  

I agree with Mr. Soap.  

-Causes more issues/problems of people complaining if they're "in or out".

-If an issue arises, it is def. an annoyance for the players (and admins?)

-I reported on forums with Screen Shots and went into TS for a compensation request of me being killed inside the no PvP zone when I was in a Pawnee during peak hours.  I still have not been compensated for said Pawnee and I waited a while in TS.

-Players cannot properly gauge if other players are "in/out" of the PvP zone when flying or engaging from a medium/long distance.  Last night, a player was killed within the no PvP zone.  Their argument was that "if they're close to no PvP zone, then they should not kill".  You're either in or out.  Not their fault that it is impossible to gauge this when in a firefight.

@Demples I understand that there is def. no need to make the safe zones as big as the no PvP zones.  I agree.  I am for removing no PvP zones and slightly increasing the safe zones to a larger radius.  This is a PvP mod, you're not safe until you're in the safe zone, right?

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Demples said:

The only difference between the none pvp and the safe zone will be the godmode. 

Exactly. Why not just remove the no PvP zone and make life easier for everyone. :) Shellshoks elaborated perfectly on it.

The No-PvP Zone serves a lot of things actualy imagine buying a car at the traded that you are going to tow/lift to your base, Well you cant do that in the safezone so the no pvp zone protects you from being raped by a dickhead while you are trying to tow/lift your car. It is also for trader camping purposes we had a lot of people camping the safezone now there is more space for the players to get out of the area without getting sprayed down. And when the server is restarting you can log out there right next to your vehicle without getting killed/you car stolen from you. There is no point in removing it to be honest makimg the actual safezone bigger will just create problems with combat evading and such things. There has to be something there to make it a bit easyer for players to get to the safezone It is true this is a pvp gamemode but the PvP should not be taken anywhere near the safezone as it creates wayy more reports and crying people about combat evading and trader camping/following.

• Like 3

No PvP area is great. If someone breaks the rules regarding it. Get evidence. A lot of the time it might be hard to get evidence about whether someone was camping it or not, but it is still a better idea than just saying "No camping trader".

• Like 1

People are raging in side chat every day about players camping no PvP zone. What's the difference whether they cry about that or people camping safe zone? 

It doesn't help with regards to combat evading either because 9/10 times you will get two different stories anyway, and safe zone or not you would still require evidence. Only change is that if it isn't combat evading, the victim will be in god mode when inside the magic circle and won't lose his stuff as opposed to being in no PvP zone and dead. 

I've never seen anyone tow a vehicle they bought from safe zone before. Good point in theory but very niche :P 

I wouldn't mind if it was allowed to camp safe zones either so it might just be a different preference of mine to that of the servers philosophy which is fine.