Yes.. I love the night. Nothing more fun than watching tracers fly towards your target in the dark. 

There definitely should not be 24/7 night. We currently spawn with NVG's and have all these vehicle lights for nothing.  

Just now, Rosco Coltrane said:

Will only get voted day again :P

Still, there should be set night cycles and if people want to vote for day then it'll be day and if people want night it'll stay night. 

I think it's better to have the option rather than not having it at all.

• 1 month later...

Normies don’t like the dark.

But agree it does take a lot away from the game.

Problem with going full on nighttime is the gamma abuse.

Makes the game looks like crap and if you don’t do it you can’t use most scopes.

That said,I’ve seen a nighttime vote plenty of times when the more seasoned players were on.

I would recommend a 2X multiplier.

with a starting time of 12:00

On a 3h restart this would end up with:

•2 hours full day (12:00/16:00)

•30 minutes off sunset(16:00/17:00)

•30 minutes off light darkness transitioning to complete darkness at restart.(17:00/18:00)

Dependent on season it needs some fine tuning.

Edited by ACAB
  • Like 1

The in-game votes aren't always indicative of what players actually want!

I want night time to be introduced, but I'd still never vote for night because that's just pitch black darkness that comes like a bang, no preparation, no planning. A nice smooth transition into dusk and a tiny bit of darkness at the very end is what most people want when talking about night I think, which means the votes are pretty much pointless for the ones that actually want a bit of night in their lives. The perfect system for me would be something like ACAB described, where 2 hours is normal day, last 30 minutes would be a sunset/dusk type setting, maybe even last 40 minutes, then the remaining 30/20 minutes is normal night. Which depending on the moon and weather would be either pitch black or bright night. This together with disabling votes, I'd call this a pretty fair compromise for both parts.