Me and my friends are fucking noobs.

This is a thread that will contain a lot of butthurt that pros might not understand.

I'm an casual gamer,recently upgraded my rig to get into ArmA 3 as I had a lot of hours in ArmA 2. Like ~600.

I loved firstly DayZ which was the reason I bought ArmA 2,then Epoch and then Overpoch.

When I saw how things work on Exile i was stunned-closely the same game but with less ArmA "features" and I didn't know what shithole I jumped into.

Tell me:What am I doing wrong?

Go to mission to get some money to upgrade to at least metal->Get shrekt by some retard that buys a littlebird only to parachute outta it,get rid of me and 2 of my mates when we're away from each other to be safe(that doesn't work,he still can locate us like he had a thermal scope combined with a private aimbot wrote by the best programmers on the world.)

Go to checkpoint to get some money->Get shrekt by some idiot who shoots like it was a laser rifle combined with rate fire of a minigun from ~1600-2000m? How the fuck that shit is even possible considering the cabiler of a weapon he shoots?

Go camp a mission->Guy with Lee Enfield can find me,even that I did not shoot and I'm 900 meters from the mission.

Or shit like that:We did a mission,some guy just drove outta nowhere and this happened:

https://youtu.be/nnB8iRI7wlQ

I am fucking done-my KDA is somewhere around 0.30 and I have NO idea how to get better than those psychos. Or at least how to feel like this game is playable.

Please,tell me some tips how to be BETTER. If I won't,I'll go mental or leave the server.

• Haha 1

Hi Krzysztof you have to remember Arma 3 is quite a old game now and many of the players you meet on the server have been playing for a long time with 1000+ hours and although Arma 3 is not a really a competitive game many on the server do play it in that manner. The only thing I can suggest is learn how to play the game on a higher level and deal with players being better than you are or try and find another server which you will still find those good players unless it's a pve server lol.

I'd say learning Arma on survival mods really steepens the learning curve... if you go to KOTH or Wasteland, you will find that those mods are much more forgiving, and then switch back to a survival mod once you feel you've really got it down.

• Like 1

@Krzysztof (CRUDO)

You can be the best shot in the game but it will only get you half way in Exile.

This chess like aspect is what makes this game what it is.

Few tips:

1. Turn off grass and 8g network.
  2. Know what weapons to use/avoid.Maybe stick with MK48 at first if you buy at regular trader.
  3. The most armoured car in the game is not going to safe you,fast and cheap is usually better. Avalance is a good choice.
  4. Get to know the map and where players do missions from.Also players bases as that is where they spawn.
  5. Know the names of the Alpha groups players (or respect level) so you know when you killed someone that has a good backup. 
  6. Play with a squad, having a pilot spotting can give your squad i big advantage.
  7. Learn from every death. No sense shooting something you cant kill, wait for a better weapon or position (bipod).
  8. Do not use light colored outfits. You stick out like a sore thumb in forests. Dark jungle ghilly for the win.

• Like 3

Do you want help or not? There is alot of solid advice given to you here.

Like SjMX said this game is getting very old and SG exile is pretty much the only server left wich means everyone on here are veterans with 4000-6000 hours avarage and its all pretty much only exile.

There is alot of small things that noobs probably dont know. Like you said you are getting sprayed by LMG from >1km away. You can do the same but some weapons need a bipod and some don't. Some have long range some don't. Some have good accurary with low damage and some have high damage but bad accuracy.

Players jumping from helis to ambush missions have always been common but probably more so on this server since money is easy to make. 

You get spotted easily because you are probably using grass ON and THINK you are hidden when in fact anyone can see you. Or you are wearing bad camo. Besides unless you are hugging a tree or hiding behind one there is no camo that will make you invisible. TURN OFF GRASS.

And that clip you posted of trying to kill the guy jumping around in the forrest, well thats just how it is to fight Jordan.

• 1 year later...