Sign in to follow this  
Ghosty_CC

InfiStar terrain quality option

Arma was designed to have grass, suits are made to provide an ability to faint the eye in the middle of nature, whatever is this nature, jungle/desert/

You should be able to hide in a plain clearing in a ghillie suit or an hex camo, you could hide in sand with some desert suits. However today on the exile chernarus server? I do personnaly think the mechanic is not appropriate.

What is the reason this option is available ? Can we have an admin point of view  about it please? 

I know some people are having issues with FPS because of terrain quality, but affecting major part of the server for a few FPS issues, is it really intended ?

The only real point there is to be able to loot easily the spots outside houses, this problem can be solved by putting back the loot inside buildings only, or just simply let people roam around building, could be an augmentation of the difficulty.

100% of aware people on the server turns this off and clearly see anyone that is not covered by a small tree, wall or house. Anything else is just pointless trying to hide. 

People roaming around in armored vehicles can just ram anyone trying to hide in clearing, with a perfect line of sight on them.

We end up being more playing Wasteland / CounterStrike than Exile.

I know this suggestion has been made by the past, I just want to add my rock to it. 

image.thumb.png.7494470bb5fb56c509b480b64fe080d1.png

image.thumb.png.263f039f23af28f9868e7880ecb7f524.pngimage.thumb.png.7b4c516eaf6899954c40aa81acf101d5.png

• Like 1

For starters, grass doesn't render past XX meters. It's quite funny to see people crawling around in what they think is tall concealing grass, but in reality someone 800m away can easily see them.

Also, the main reason the grass isn't forced is because players simply don't want it. Pretty sure there have been polls in the past about this and there is generally an overwhelming amount of people who would rather not have grass than force it. 

Lastly, as you mentioned the extra FPS. Some people play on complete total fucking potatoes of PC's and ever little bit of FPS is beneficial to them. @K00K00 can confirm this. 

• Like 1

Well you answered pretty much your own question with 1 of your pictures. The yellow portion has no grass. Grass is only rendered 100m around you and thats it. Grass does not render in either when you scope in  to further distances. Hence there is no point having it at all as the average fighting distances outside of city are more then 100m apart, especially when we go out to middle of the map.

download.thumb.png.25eb82fa6cb0170e3600a1325412b69c.png

Yes and I took the clearing as exemple. 

However the minimum 50m distance for close combat is almost enough.

if we're talking about fighting in forest then it entirely change.

But from 3 answers it is obvious and I can read that you guys love it without. That's what I wanted to see, thanks.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 10:21 AM, Ghosty_CC said:

Yes and I took the clearing as exemple. 

However the minimum 50m distance for close combat is almost enough.

if we're talking about fighting in forest then it entirely change.

But from 3 answers it is obvious and I can read that you guys love it without. That's what I wanted to see, thanks.

zzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ it also forces sniping meta. Let's not. 

27 minutes ago, Cashcake said:

zzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ it also forces sniping meta. Let's not. 

As if the go prone, bipod, hold mouse 1 with Navid/PK/Rheinmetal (Hi, Wild & hohols) isn't enough.

10 hours ago, Cashcake said:

Whatever this is spelled. English is not my native tongue.

Sniper meta is not used with details on low setting and just a few area of grass around you. it just makes no sense to disable it on very close range but the small fps gain. Specially that people use this fps gain to upgrade the view distance which make them lag again. 

If you ask in side chat, people says it sucks.

I was more pointing the fact that we could use this grass as a close-range shield like any combat stance.

But obviously you're just a fragger 😛

Edited by Ghosty_CC