The end of Livonia - Server closing!

LIVONIA IS CLOSING

With just 7 days before Livonia is due to be paid. We have decided that it's time to close Livonia down.
It was a good run and we thank you all for playing.

The server will close on September 25th

There are multiple factors on why we have decided to close:

- It's DLC map. An expensive one that a lot of people simply cannot buy. It limits the player base a lot.
- Poor performance. The map runs like ?. We know players that have tried it on release but simply could not play there due to how it runs.
- Player count. Slowly it's getting lower, it doesn't make sense for us to keep it running until it's completely empty.

Transferring to our other servers:

We know that we will have players that will not agree with us and will want to keep playing.
That's why we're offering you to transfer parts of what you have earned on Livonia to Altis or Chernarus.
This will be dealt with case by case. What gets transferred is up to the admin that deals with your case. Please make a ticket in our Discord if you wish to request a transfer.
If you're an active Premium member that bought Premium only for Livonia and do not want to play on our other servers, please contact @Sean

We have no current plans on opening another Exile server.

• Sad 1

At primetime there are enough players. Also who's experiencing poor performance? Except a little desync (That's ArmA) it runs awesome. We are a few players and all of us are at ~60FPS. The only negative here is the "DLC" part, but as said, there are enough players to have fun with.

- You can not expect any server to be 24/7 full. Adults have to work, kids have go to school. That's life. Please don't take it away, there's no other Livonia Server with Admins who know what they're doing.

Edited by D'Tail

Fuck no ?

This map is Awesome, no performance issues at all for me. its all about a casual computer ( 2019 ) you run it fine with 60fps or even more like me.

The playerbase is also enough for me. under the week 20-30 / weekend like 40-60.

I guess every single player on the Server enjoy this the Map more then everything else since a while.

It really hurts because i put alot of hours into the server since i joined to make me and my friends a base etc. and its realy bad to see its allrdy taking down ?

Is it all about the rent? maybe we can set a Donation goal or anything so the community could help by his own at least.

The DLC is the only thing why ppl are not flooding the server, i was expecting less players duo the DLC... dont you?

Peace.

Edited by dorgy
6 minutes ago, dorgy said:

Is it all about the rent? maybe we can set a Donation goal or anything so the community could help by his own at least.

Myesh! How much is the fish! I mean, server!?

I would be OK to donate to help keeping Livonia alive.

Edited by D'Tail
19 minutes ago, D'Tail said:

Myesh! How much is the fish! I mean, server!?

I would be OK to donate to help keeping Livonia alive.

Same. Happy to contribute. 

If it is definitely closing, how do i get a transfer? what do i need to do?

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Same. Happy to contribute. 

If it is definitely closing, how do i get a transfer? what do i need to do?

It's not  a monetary issue, it's the fact that the map is so poorly optimized (thanks, Bohemia), that barely anyone plays it - thus it's not worth keeping it up.

Just now, D'Tail said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Would you please explain? Thus could be anything!~

The map is dogshit from a performance perspective - nothing our master leader snaggletooth Sean can fix, it's all up to Bohemia to fix it (which they won't). The frames are terrible even for the ones who have high quality computers, it's not an enjoyable play (for most, as shown by the player count).  

1 minute ago, K00K00 said:

The frames are terrible even for the ones who have high quality computers

I have stable 60 Vsync FPS (Got an old 60hz Monitor). I asked my friends (5) and all of them have almost the same 50 ~ 90, only encountering some standard lags sometimes. But I guess, we are just used to play on 200 pop Servers with 20 - 40 FPS, which makes the Server here feel smooth af. Like... sssssssmoooooooooth. :c But ya, that sucks if others have extreme issues with the map.

The worse part are the inpenetrable bushes and the giant bounding boxes, which maked your bullets go all over the place even if you are just sitting next to a bush.. xD

16 minutes ago, D'Tail said:

I have stable 60 Vsync FPS (Got an old 60hz Monitor). I asked my friends (5) and all of them have almost the same 50 ~ 90, only encountering some standard lags sometimes. But I guess, we are just used to play on 200 pop Servers with 20 - 40 FPS, which makes the Server here feel smooth af. Like... sssssssmoooooooooth. :c But ya, that sucks if others have extreme issues with the map.

The worse part are the inpenetrable bushes and the giant bounding boxes, which maked your bullets go all over the place even if you are just sitting next to a bush.. xD

Everyone I know (when comparing the frames to Chernarus/Altis) said they're horrendous, I didn't notice a difference, neither did you it seems (in a negative way), however it is noticeable for many and a quite a let down on Bohemia's half. There's some mechanical bugs as you've mentioned (the impenetrable bushes I'm used to from ArmA, but it takes it to new heights on this map, same with the trees). Real talk it was really cool to play, looked fantastic, however the gameplay was a struggle (from performance & bugs) - sadly it's the end of the map's short run. 

2 minutes ago, K00K00 said:

sadly it's the end of the map's short run

Such a bummer, most of us stopped playing ArmA after 8kish hours.. and we stopped for good half a year ago. This map and this server was the only reason why we decided to give it another try. We are really enjoying the map and the server. Bug this bugs that, we expected that. This is ArmA! Imagine a bug-free ArmA,.. that's a story for another dimension. xD! It really really,.. sucks to see it go.

We have one player in our group which has always been like "Feck this, feck that. Don't like this, that etc.". It is the first time in the past 6 years knowing him... He didn't said that anything sucks. He was happy and played it and laughed his ass off :D.

But idk, if I could kick myself hard enough to play on cherno, let alone altis. They are at least for us, after so many hours. . . worn out~ Know what I mean? Or maybe, have a custom map. But something more recent~ Idk,.. :v

• Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Simon said:

Thought I posted this already but not seeing it. Can i get a transfer over to Altis?

Read below.

5 hours ago, Sean said:

That's why we're offering you to transfer parts of what you have earned on Livonia to Altis or Chernarus.
This will be dealt with case by case. What gets transferred is up to the admin that deals with your case. Please make a ticket in our Discord if you wish to request a transfer.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a damn shame. I really liked the map and can't say I experienced any problems with it (more than the usual Arma). Running on an old i5 ,probably 3 years or so, with ok fps.

I guess I'm used to playing between 30-60 fps.

35 minutes ago, MAlgol said:

This is a damn shame. I really liked the map and can't say I experienced any problems with it (more than the usual Arma). Running on an old i5 ,probably 3 years or so, with ok fps.

I guess I'm used to playing between 30-60 fps.

I dont think the lag was to bad, but considering there usually was only between 20-30 players on a good day has something to do with it. Less players = more FPS. 

• Sean unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic