Make towing not require rope.

I think i speak for everyone when i say towing is already painful. My suggestion is to allow people to deploy ropes without rope required. Most vehicles (Especially armoured ones) have few ropes as standard. I think it would make life easier if i we didnt need ropes to tow.

I must say I disagree with this, building a proper kit is important and if you haven't planned to have to tow vehicles then I would say one should be punished for that. What other use would the "Ropes" item have? Slight disclaimer, I only just started playing yesterday so I don't know the ins and outs of the server and it's features yet, but decided to hop on the forums regardless. :)

1 hour ago, AGR0- said:

I must say I disagree with this, building a proper kit is important and if you haven't planned to have to tow vehicles then I would say one should be punished for that. What other use would the "Ropes" item have? Slight disclaimer, I only just started playing yesterday so I don't know the ins and outs of the server and it's features yet, but decided to hop on the forums regardless. :)

In away I do agree with you but Sling loading doesn't require rope so it would make sense to not have the rope requirements on towing.

I'll see if anyone else has an opinion on this and see if it needs changing again. I will also be able to make a rope requirement on Towing, Sling Loading and Rappelling if that's what players prefer. 

I personally think it would be cooler with dependencies like that, makes for more choices. Should you go with that extra ammo, or the rope just in case? Though it can also be a bit annoying if you do find that car but can't take both. :P 

So I don't know, personally I would enjoy if we did need Ropes for all of those. Makes for more interesting gameplay decisions.

1 minute ago, Demples said:

I was thinking about this and was wondering if it is possible to allow you to tow a vehicle at the same weight or lower with out rope.

and if you were to tow a heavier vehicle then you would need a rope. ?

I think that might cause a lot of confusion. Most players don't know the weight of vehicles, so they would see that they could tow some vehicles, others they could not. Of course one can explain it in the pop-up messages that "this vehicle is too heavy to tow without rope" but that would again remove a bit of that planning element. As you can tell I love planning and logistics, and with challenges in the way it makes the task even more fun in my opinion. So for me, if all towing required rope, both the cargo rope from helis and vehicle towing, I would be happy, feel things might get a bit too easy if everything is allowed without requirements. The rappelling I think could be done without rope, as that might be a bit too much. However that's just me, others should probably chime in. :24_stuck_out_tongue: 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 10:00 PM, Razorman said:

Realism is the key for myself and buddys that play here, rope requirement for anything that needs a rope in rl should be mandatory on the server as well imho. 

realism doesnt mean its more fun, itll get tedious after a while youll see