[SG] Exile Emergency FULL Server Wipe UPDATED

UPDATE: On Sunday evening at the 12:00 PM Restart the server will go down and it will not come back up until 12:00 AM Monday afternoon.

This is due to us reinstalling windows on our dedicated server and some other things we need to do before the wipe.

On Sunday when me and Sean wake up (will be late im sick leave me alone) we will have the modpack loaded on the server so you guys 

can pre download it and we will be delivering PRESENTS YES PRESENTS ANYTHING YOU WANT.

Hello members of our community we have decided that it is best for us to make

a full server wipe since that is pretty much the only option we have right now as to 

fixing the server crashes. 

The wipe will happen on Monday 18th of December.

Everyone will be able to get the 20k forum thingy again.

Following the wipe we will be adding our modpack into the server it has 

up to 150 new vehicles and a lot of new features.

HERE you can see some of the unarmed ones.

I hope you guys understand our decision

Thanks,

Conzole

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Conzole pinned and featured this topic
27 minutes ago, FunkX- said:

I don't have great stats or respect but there is no need for a character wipe.. why wait to Monday? Would make more sense doing it on a weekend. 

We are still working on our MOD-Pack which is almost finished..

Will we be able to use this feature to restore our bases after wipe? 

I can live without it and start a new base but what pains me most is losing my xp & $$$, Have you tried a process of elimination for crashing issues? ie test server with 0 mods/missions adding one at a time until crash points reached etc etc?

Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs here but I have quite a bit of experience with hosting Arma 3 and it's various mods and a full understanding lol of what a pita it can be but a full wipe and restart can be like using a sledgehammer to break an egg.

The following log files can be opened using the server's Webinterface:

• arma3server_YYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SS.rpt
  • content_log.txt
  • connection_log_2302.txt
  •  

If the actual server crashed completely (process aborted) a crash dump (.bidmp / .mdmp) with hte same name as the respective .rpt log file will be crated inside of the server's "/arma3/config/" directory.

The log files can be used to check whether the server crashes due to performed changes or for another reason. In most cases, installed addons, mods or mission files lead to a crash of the server.

1 hour ago, Razorman said:

Will we be able to use this feature to restore our bases after wipe? 

I can live without it and start a new base but what pains me most is losing my xp & $$$, Have you tried a process of elimination for crashing issues? ie test server with 0 mods/missions adding one at a time until crash points reached etc etc?

Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs here but I have quite a bit of experience with hosting Arma 3 and it's various mods and a full understanding lol of what a pita it can be but a full wipe and restart can be like using a sledgehammer to break an egg.

The following log files can be opened using the server's Webinterface:

• arma3server_YYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SS.rpt
  • content_log.txt
  • connection_log_2302.txt
  •  

If the actual server crashed completely (process aborted) a crash dump (.bidmp / .mdmp) with hte same name as the respective .rpt log file will be crated inside of the server's "/arma3/config/" directory.

The log files can be used to check whether the server crashes due to performed changes or for another reason. In most cases, installed addons, mods or mission files lead to a crash of the server.

Nope you will not.

We have gone through our logs already :)

Please rest assured we have been looking at different reason as to why the server is crashing one of the reasons we believe is since the latest update, battleye has been giving us some trouble. Sean is very well experienced in the development and running off servers and has run countless of diagnostics to find the cause, but sometimes communities are left with no option but to wipe. Server wipes are never an easy choice and are normally as it is in this case taking as a last resort.  We will run many events and little mini events to give people a helping hand to get you back on track with your stats, poptabs etc etc. For the newcomers to our server/community it is quiet easy to level up and get your poptabs on our server so no one should really take that long to get back to where they are now. If anyone has any questions or issues I'll be around on teamspeak at most times or you can always send me a Private message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Supafly

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Sabre said:

will you add some new armed helicopters?it's painful not to have rockets on them if someone from the ground can fuck you up with one stinger or a 12.7

Yes we do have a few new armed/unarmed ground and air vehicles. We can add more at any time because of our own mod.

If you have any suggestions with mods from the workshop or Armaholic that you would like to add, then now is the time to let us know.

• Sean unpinned and locked this topic
  • Sean unfeatured this topic