Things that make game more atmopsheric

Hello. It was time i play Dayz and i so much like an atmosphere of it. I can do nothing just walking around the map, but feel game great.

To make it happenы, to make game more attractive would be nice to do:

1.  Enviroment sounds should be always ON, unable to turn it OFF. Would be nice to have classic Chernarus enviroment sound, not Stratis one. It's feels swelter...

2.  Grass. Should be ON. No ability to turn in OFF. People who play without grass should be banned. There are no real fps improve when u delete it, just few fps. Low-end PCs should be upgraded, not Arma gameplay downgraded.

3.  Daytime. From early morning till evening. Would be nice to see upset and sunset. It's very nice. Not from 9:00 till 12:00 as i can see now.

4. Chaning weather conditions regarding to view distance. I do not talk about rain. I talk about cloudly weather, fog, wich can decrease visible distance up to 100-300 meters for some time. Weather should be random factor. It will add variety. Mission would not be same time after time.

Todays version of SG Chernarus feels plastic. You can add some life ?

• Like 3

Number 1.The enviroment is nice to turn off as it is way to loud and sounds in Arma are not really optimized well.

Number 2. grass do decrease your fps. And also I would presume it adds extra load to the server it self. You cant ask people to upgrade their pc’s just so you can have grass.

Number 3. Yes you could have sunset but no darkness. Allthough I don’t see the point as it doesnt really effect much.

Number 4. Why in gods name would you want fog? It is ugly and really annoying. Turn your viewdistance down if you want it.

Number 5. I agree

Todays version of SG works for what it is intended to be. It isnt trying to be Dayz, if so the server would just as dead as the standalone game.

Totally agree with @Finance in most points. Unfortunately most players wouldn't like it for some reasons:

Fog: they can't camp missions from 1k and above

Grass: Can't camp lying in forests using a tripod

Nighttime/darkness: idk why people don't like

Chaning all of these would make the gameplay so much more interesting. Imagine to play in fog, only close range or in darkness using nightvision.

But I guess it wouln't even make sense to make a poll for it since people don't like things changed in general.

Could any of developers (admins) says FOR SURE if it is possible to recognize if player playing without grass, playing with  enviroment sound or not? I guess it's not as simple as it seems.

Edited by Finance
1 hour ago, LiveJasmin said:

I like it the way it is, those changes are probably not going to attract new players anyway but im sure its gonna make some quit playing.

I apologize for the rude comparison . But Just imaging u were born gay. All time before you had pleasure putting ur "little brother" into your man ass.

Now it's an rare oportunity to change your boyfriend to a girlfiend who has both: an ass and a pussy.  Now it's two holes you can do with. Is it scary? What would you choice being not ass addicted? There are lot of ?

Disabling grass does improve performance, some of those suggestions could be changed but there is no plan for it currently. And as stated above the Environment sounds are very loud at most times, gets very annoying after a while.

34 minutes ago, Dazhy said:

Disabling grass does improve performance, some of those suggestions could be changed but there is no plan for it currently. And as stated above the Environment sounds are very loud at most times, gets very annoying after a while.

It is. On low-End PC. 16ps before, 20 after - 20% increase!!!

If Formula 1 was guided by low-end cars  characteristic (as London cab) it wouldnt develop and exists.

I'd like SG would evolute as his members (players)

Edited by Finance

2.  Grass. Should be ON. No ability to turn in OFF. People who play without grass should be banned. There are no real fps improve when u delete it, just few fps. Low-end PCs should be upgraded, not Arma gameplay downgraded.

This will effect the meta of the server drastically. It will make the whole server rely more on snipers and make it little to none of close combat. This mostly due to lower fps but also favoring long distance shot because it is somewhat easier to see people further away if grass is covering your proximity. You have to keep in mind that the grass you see wont be seen by players 200m-2000m away from you.

On 1/22/2019 at 6:10 PM, Finance said:

Could any of developers (admins) says FOR SURE if it is possible to recognize if player playing without grass, playing with  enviroment sound or not? I guess it's not as simple as it seems.

It might be possible, but a simple override in your gpu drivers could possibly remove grass without being noticed by any anti cheat. Just like with the recent Battlefield V texture abuse. 

Now, I would like to halt the discussion of the removal of the grass or any other possible ways of removing objects, doing so will most likely end in ban down the line. The AC might actually be able to tell that you are not drawing stuff you should, just saying...

The grass is not rendered in after 200M so any long distance shooting still would not have grass on your opponent but you will have it, hence people do drop down to low ground detail in the view distance settings.

Also @Finance you questions about turning certain things off, as long as you do it via the ingame hotkeys or menus its fine as then it is working as intended. 

What about test period?

Main things are:

1. Ingame time period from 6AM till 9PM (summer time).

2. Rare fog. But happens. Dynamic visibility. 70-90% of time bright as it is, but 10-30% random weather with 100 up to 900 meters visibility.

3. Ambient sound always ON.

------------------------------

Deathscreen. Why noone didnt answer? Can we make it full black?

Edited by Finance
4 hours ago, Finance said:

Deathscreen. Why noone didnt answer? Can we make it full black?

Something can be done about this but full black is not a good change imo. Ill look into changing it though so it's more fair.

• Thanks 1

Deathscreen can stay as is in my opinion, ofcourse its not gonna help solo players so they complain about it. It adds another way to play as you have to decide whether or not to go to that body as you dont know if he will be back soon or if hes just waiting for you to run up and loot and give the call to his teammates.

• Like 1