Help with Terrain

So people go into the ground at like 200m +...

Is this server enforced or is there anything I can do about it?

https://plays.tv/video/5c153eafef17722269/terrain-texture

Like this is an ok example as you can see some of the guy right, but like yesterday I was fighting with friends at an objective and there is a guy 100% at the objective, I am perched 250m  away overlooking it. We want to go in but no one can see the guy sop my friend runs in and then I just see the guy stand up out of the ground in front of me and start shooting.....

Is there anything I can do to stop this effect?

I have £2600 tower I put together about 3 months ago with a 1080ti in it. Its top of the range.

Thank you for any help or advice.

7 minutes ago, teknotel said:

I have done this already and some other graphics changes, will see if it makes a difference next combat situation.

the terrain will still show with no grass but players will not appear as though they are in the ground

it still happens to some degree even with terrain on ultra, though much less noticable,

its the games way to represent your target being obscured by grass, without having to render it in at such large distances (which would kill your fps)

so instead, it sinks them into the ground slightly, its just an arma thing you gotta keep in mind, at ultra you should be able to see atleast part of their body though

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Setavai said:

it still happens to some degree even with terrain on ultra, though much less noticable,

its the games way to represent your target being obscured by grass, without having to render it in at such large distances (which would kill your fps)

so instead, it sinks them into the ground slightly, its just an arma thing you gotta keep in mind, at ultra you should be able to see atleast part of their body though

Even at like 100-200 meters....?

if you arent rendering in grass after 100-200 meters, then yes, it would start sinking them into the ground

it doesnt do it at closer ranges because it assumes grass is rendered at those distances (which the server lets you disable at low terrain settings)

its also partially the map though,

for instance, if you look at a hill very far away, you'll notice things like rocks and trees are floating above the hill when you're on low terrain settings,

and the same goes with enemy players, on low settings, you sometimes see enemies that are in fact behind the hill, and you shouldnt even be able to see, and cant hit either, but if you turn your terrain settings to ultra,

you'll suddenly see that what you were looking at was in fact obscured by the top of the hill..

basically this is the game rendering things less accurately to try and reduce the impact it has on your fps, its not a great way of doing it but its what we have to deal with unfortunately

also in your video it is indeed quite severe, part of it could be because that specific spot has quite tall grass, and to simulate that, the game sinks him quite deep into the ground, combine that with the low terrain detail setting and you might see people completely dissapearing

5 hours ago, Setavai said:

if you arent rendering in grass after 100-200 meters, then yes, it would start sinking them into the ground

it doesnt do it at closer ranges because it assumes grass is rendered at those distances (which the server lets you disable at low terrain settings)

its also partially the map though,

for instance, if you look at a hill very far away, you'll notice things like rocks and trees are floating above the hill when you're on low terrain settings,

and the same goes with enemy players, on low settings, you sometimes see enemies that are in fact behind the hill, and you shouldnt even be able to see, and cant hit either, but if you turn your terrain settings to ultra,

you'll suddenly see that what you were looking at was in fact obscured by the top of the hill..

basically this is the game rendering things less accurately to try and reduce the impact it has on your fps, its not a great way of doing it but its what we have to deal with unfortunately

also in your video it is indeed quite severe, part of it could be because that specific spot has quite tall grass, and to simulate that, the game sinks him quite deep into the ground, combine that with the low terrain detail setting and you might see people completely dissapearing

Thank you, yes sometime I literally cannot see anything when someone is prone, seems a little odd to me but what can you do. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
On 12/15/2018 at 6:52 PM, teknotel said:

So people go into the ground at like 200m +...

Is this server  
Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire enforced or is there anything I can do about it?

Like this is an ok example as you can see some of the guy right, but like yesterday I was fighting with friends at an objective and there is a guy 100% at the objective, I am perched 250m  away overlooking it. We want to go in but no one can see the guy sop my friend runs in and then I just see the guy stand up out of the ground in front of me and start shooting.....

Is there anything I can do to stop this effect?

I have £2600 tower I put together about 3 months ago with a 1080ti in it. Its top of the range.

Thank you for any help or advice.

its just an arma thing you gotta keep in mind, at ultra you should be able to see atleast part of their body though

Edited by zafirkalvin
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...