DS Houses (enterable Houses)

As an Arma 3 player who didn't play Chernarus much in Arma 2,  I personally feel DS Houses would bring Chernarus more in-line with what Arma 3 is like. With that said, DS Houses may also make capture points pretty wild. All in all I would personally be in favor of DS Houses though.

• Like 1

What you have is great @Sean

And the houses sound like a gimmick but they work well and definitely worth considering. 

You can change the loot spawns so they spawn inside or leave the guns and gear to spawn on the door steps. 

What it does offer is more places to hide and seek cover. All the windows can be shot in and out of so on town captures and spawn town fights you have a whole new dimension. 

Highly recommend after using it on a previous server. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Fahren said:

Or simply change the map with Chernarus + 

The map now is Chernarus Isles witch is something that we like i'm not sure what chernarus + is but ill take a wild guess at chernarus redux now that is a unfinished map that is constantly being updated and that is something that we don't want like you have a base then one day your base is inside a forest or some houses :P

13 hours ago, Jimlad said:

DS Houses (enterable Houses) 

As title really, this is a great mod and replaces the static non enterable houses on the map with enterable - worth adding 

As for DS Houses i dont mind it at all but like sean said we have gotrtten mixed feedback about it in the past but we will be taking it into reconsideration. Also we are working on our modpack so if you guys see any cool/interesting vehicles,weapons and scripts please make a suggestion for it so we can try to get permission to use those things. :)

• Like 1

Sorry, I am also one, who believes that DS houses, is a pointless mod. Yes, it's pretty cool to finally walk into those arma 2 houses....But, thats it...No loot spawns in them, unless admins add them individually, which I'm sure will be a MAJOR pain in the ass. Also, I'm not 100% sure about this, but on Arma 3, being in some already enterable arma 2 buildings, weren't they bullet proof? Even the windows? Example would be the apartment type buildings in cherno. How "complete" is this DS houses, and are these buildings bullet proof?

If I may add a mod suggestion, it would be Enhanced movement, just due to the fact, the amazing parkour skills basically, and being able to climb up on buildings. Which would make pvp more suspense. But, I also know that many server do not like the mod, because apparently it makes it easier for people to glitch into other's bases....(or so i've been told)

13 minutes ago, Von Braun said:

Sorry, I am also one, who believes that DS houses, is a pointless mod. Yes, it's pretty cool to finally walk into those arma 2 houses....But, thats it...No loot spawns in them, unless admins add them individually, which I'm sure will be a MAJOR pain in the ass. Also, I'm not 100% sure about this, but on Arma 3, being in some already enterable arma 2 buildings, weren't they bullet proof? Even the windows? Example would be the apartment type buildings in cherno. How "complete" is this DS houses, and are these buildings bullet proof?

If I may add a mod suggestion, it would be Enhanced movement, just due to the fact, the amazing parkour skills basically, and being able to climb up on buildings. Which would make pvp more suspense. But, I also know that many server do not like the mod, because apparently it makes it easier for people to glitch into other's bases....(or so i've been told)

All the buildings can be shot out of

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Von Braun said:

I believe DS Houses is well made. So I'm sure the houses have no issues with bulletproof windows and such.

Also, if we do add it, then the loot positions will be added. So all buildings will have loot spawns. Kinda pointless to add it and only do a half done job :1_grinning:

• Like 1

In my opinion it is already pretty hard to find a player who is hiding in a city cp. When you add that mod it wont be possible to finish a cp, because players will run into the cp and hide somewhere so its contested for hours... Already seen that on other servers and it is a pain in the ass.

Personally don't find it hard to find people in Town CPs. People tend to stick to a few specific and obvious spots in the various towns. For the people who are doing the missions themselves DS Houses will most definitely make the Town CPs easier and more interesting. 

As for it being pointless one could argue all mods are pointless. Do we need NIArms? No, Arma 3 has a good selection of guns, but it adds to the experience. Do we need MAS vehicles? No, again Arma 3 has a decent variety of vehicles, but here too it adds to the experience. Same applies to DS Houses, question is does it add to the experience? Personally I would say yes, it makes for more interesting gameplay inside Town CPs and make them that much harder to do, which in my opinion is a good thing as most CPs are incredibly easy to do at the moment with a group. For single players it's difficult to deal with the AI in a town CP, having places to hide makes it a bit easier. As for PvP I feel houses are more interesting, gives the little guys a bit more chance.

• Like 1