Add timed option to change lock codes during raid

Something like a 2 minute animation where you can change a code on a door in your base while being raided. 

The balance seems a little off with one scan from a thermal scanner giving 3 guesses out of 10 possible every 5 minutes - meaning it takes on average like 7ish minutes to get a code from a base.  Once a raider is in the base they're able to spam codes into doors to keep them locked and can pretty easily start scanning internal door/safe codes. Even if the owner clears them out of the base, with a 20 minute raid timer that is easily reset by a fresh spawn running into the base to cause a firefight - the base owner pretty much has to guard the base until restart before they can change a code and resecure it. 

With scanners being so cheap and there being no raid alert for the server, they seem a bit too good as a raid option.  

I know I'm going to get the "change your codes more often, dont use one code" flack - which is fair enough, and I know I just got f*cked up by the scans XD - but the suggestion is primarily because even after reclaiming the base, as is, if your codes are scanned you have to sit there and guard it until restart unless the raiders give up.  

Alternative options could be tweaking the scanners so they're not as accurate or upping their value a whole bunch.   I rather prefer the timer idea which could allow for interesting breaching and clearing and the need to cover your teammate while he resets a code.

• Like 1

Also to add, with the scan being instant the person can scan, try three codes, and cover themselves and fight for the 5 minutes until they have to try 3 codes again - so it's minimal risk raiding that I feel needs a liiittle bit of tweaking.

7 minutes ago, Aimbutt_exe said:

It's 3 tries and after that you can only try once per 5 mins.

Yeap, 3 tries every five minutes, 10 possible codes.  You can get it on the first try or the 10th try so there's some math involved but it won't typically take more than 8 minutes (3 tries right away, 5, 3 tries, 5 minutes, 3 tries, 5 minutes, 1 try.   And mind you you're not stuck in an animation, no one wants to have a different code for every single door, and the next best thing is the grinder which is 5 minutes for a 40% chance and it's loud af, only gives access to 1 door at a time, not safes, etc.  Hell with the code they're even able to pack the safes out with them.

Most people have resulted to hiding safes behind concrete walls and moving it when they need it.  Where's the realism in that..  It's solveable.  Another option is adding a door option that requires a physical key.  So at least they would have to crack the safes, find the keys or one off your body, then open the door or grind it. 

Edited by GotFlavor
Adding info

It gives you the last 3 numbers in order - the first digit can be 0-9 (10 digits). You try three, wait 5 minutes, try 3, wait 5 minutes, try 3 (in 10 minutes you have tried 9 out of the 10 possible options).

MaTh sew hArD

Edited by GotFlavor

what hes saying, is that after the first 3 attempts, it gets locked for 5 minutes

then you try again, it gets locked immediately again after the first wrong attempt, it doesnt give you 3 attempts anymore unless you get it right

Ah my bad, gotcha.  I still think we need to add a timed code change.  Especially with the raiders just spam locking all the doors to the house on any type of raid as is, there's nearly no way back in.  In the circumstance you were scanned and they have your code there is no way to defend your base properly because you can't change the code.  You get in, clear them out, and then you're stuck there until restart fighting because you can't change a lock.  The odds of getting back in when they didn't blow a hole in the wall or grind the lock off anyway is already slim to none with the lock spamming.

Edited by GotFlavor

ok, so i just did the math, then accidentally clicked a link at the top and lost my entire post.. so im gonna make this (relatively) short, and will only talk about people actually thermalscanning all the way into your saferoom,

00:00 attempt 1

00:00 attempt 2

00:00 attempt 3

00:05 attempt 4

00:10 attempt 5

00:15 attempt 6

00:20 attempt 7

00:25 attempt 8

00:30 attempt 9

00:35 attempt 10

on average you'd probably get it in about 5 attempts

then remember that you can only scan a door 15(?) minutes after its been used

assume you have 10 doors

00:00 door 1, took 5 attempts

00:10 door 2, took 8 attempts

00:35 door 3 is cold and no longer gives a thermal signature

an hour later you come back to your base, they dont make a move since they dont want to be spotted, 15 minutes later you leave your base again

01:50 opened door 1 and 2, scanned door 3, took 3 attempts

01:50 door 4, took 5 attempts

02:00 door 5, took 8 attempts

02:25 door 6 is cold

so it took them over 2 hours of effort and they havent managed to take anything yet..

it takes 1 mistake for them to get spotted and for you to realize you need to change your codes..

i personally feel like theres no need to punish people willing to dedicate this much time into possibly nothing, if you spot them, they either have to start all over, or force the territory into raid mode and push through, after which its all up to both you and your base design

• Like 3

Yeh i agree the code scanning system seems fine to me. But I have a question, Is there a way to change codes without having to remove doors? I may be just blind and theirs a really simple way but for months iv just been removing doors so the lock drops on floor and then changing code. Its not really a big deal but that might be a nice change if possible a scroll option on doors to change pin. or im just a idiot and that already exists lol 

I didn't realize the 15 minute thing, I thought it was longer so it's a bit better.  I still think the raiding dynamic is a bit off though with the doors.  Interested in a few more opinions.  It just feels like much more running to a door spamming a lock and trying to type a code as fast as you can than an actual fight.  

12 hours ago, GotFlavor said:

Even if the owner clears them out of the base, with a 20 minute raid timer that is easily reset by a fresh spawn running into the base to cause a firefight - the base owner pretty much has to guard the base until restart before they can change a code and resecure it.

Not true. On SG servers raids are only triggered by raiding actions. Grinding, hacking, setting charges. Simply having a player on your territory, or shooting in your territory, does not stop you (unlike other servers) from building. Also on SG (again different from other servers) you are allowed to move/build objects if you are being attacked as long as none of the aforementioned raiding activities took place. So its totally possible to change door codes while being attacked as long as you are not being "raided" which requires addition actions. I believe the only rule about building while being attacked is to not use the object as a weapon, such as building into a player or their vehicle.

10 hours ago, Half Sack said:

Not true. On SG servers raids are only triggered by raiding actions. Grinding, hacking, setting charges. Simply having a player on your territory, or shooting in your territory, does not stop you (unlike other servers) from building. Also on SG (again different from other servers) you are allowed to move/build objects if you are being attacked as long as none of the aforementioned raiding activities took place. So its totally possible to change door codes while being attacked as long as you are not being "raided" which requires addition actions. I believe the only rule about building while being attacked is to not use the object as a weapon, such as building into a player or their vehicle.

In the most recent raid none of these actions were performed.  They opened the doors with the code, entered the safes, and left.  There was never a charge, grind, or hack.  There were firefights and deaths however, which all said the word "raid" on them.  Is what you are saying implying that if they had 20 minutes of free reign with no deaths from either of us the raid timer would have reset and I could build with them in the house, without breaking rules?  I'm fairly certain I cannot build while in a combat situation (admin care to chime in?). Also, does the firefight itself with damage done (or no damage?) instigate a raid or is it only kills?

I was unaware of the 15 minute to scan rule which does make this seem much more okay.  Following up on what someone mentioned above, being able to change a codelock without removing the door would be great.. And I still think small tweaks could improve the raiding dynamic.   If they have taken over the base, or I have pushed them out, I think a player being forced to sit there in animation for 5 minutes (or some period) to change a single lock code while in raid mode makes sense.  Raiders can send wave after wave at the defender, and the advantage stays for the raider if the defending team has a long animation timer to defend.  If they can't break back through with the door codes and a defender out of commission to relock a single door then they probably shouldn't succeed in this raid anyway.  

All of this is my opinion ofc so anyone can chip in.  I think we can all agree changing locks shouldn't require removing the door though XD

You cant build while in "active" combat - meaning the little blinking symbol on the side of the screen, but you can build while people are on your base and in a firefight as long as 1) you are not in active combat with the symbol (this will force you out of build mode) and 2) a grind/hack/charge has not taken place in the last 20 mins.

Again.. you can build while being attacked (but not in "raid mode" by one of the 3 triggers) as long as you dont use the building parts to actually hurt a player or a vehicle.  Building while being attacked tho is risky since if you are put in combat you might end up having a huge hole in the side of your base or even dropping the part if it was in physics mode (and fyi being in combat WILL put you in physics mode next time you start to build if you were interrupted while building before).

Having players in your territory, or killing you at your base is not a technically "raid". A raid as defined in the rules only happens when one of the 3 triggers takes place.

Territory Raid Mode Plus

• Starting any kind of raid mechanic will set the territory into "Raid Mode". Meaning members of that territory cannot remove/move/place anything in their base for 20 minutes. Every raid action will reset the 20 minute timer.
    • Placing a charge, starting a hack/grind, stealing a flag. If these actions are not done then the base owners are free to remove/move/replace anything they wish as their base is not being raided.
  • If an enemy is in a territory after a restart, the base owners cannot remove/move/place anything for the first 5 minutes of the restart. Raiders have that amount of time to set the territory into "Raid Mode".

@GotFlavor