What was the reasoning behind limiting player market to 15 items per player? Any chance on it being reverted or the number of items being bumped up? Because if its set at 15 then selling small items is almost pointless now. If the issue was the market being to crowded then why not just put a timer on items being listed, if it doesn't sell within X days then it is deleted. It would be incentive for players to list only items that would actually sell and also to list them at reasonable prices since if they ask too much the item would just be deleted and they would be out the item plus the listing fee.

With all the stuff that was on there you can go to BM and buy easy it made the server lag\desync a bit so we (Sean) had to come up with a fix for it, what is the point of someone putting 50 belts of Navid ammo there? or 50 mags of Cyrus ammo, its just dumb, put stuff that is hard to get on there, that is what it is for, not to put all kind of shit on there.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:14 AM, Jimlad said:

It does have a timer if you need to list more than 15 and they are not selling in a day or two then it's over priced and you must be a peasant. It's not eBay 

Actually i was selling items quickly. It was no thing to be able to sell almost 80 items in less than 2 days if you know what people want, how to get it, and what price they want to pay in order to buy what you list.

But hey, thanks for the helpful and constructive criticism ?

On 9/21/2018 at 7:57 PM, ewanc said:

The issue was it being used as a storeroom and having loads of crap items on it I think.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, Rosco Coltrane said:

With all the stuff that was on there you can go to BM and buy easy it made the server lag\desync a bit so we (Sean) had to come up with a fix for it, what is the point of someone putting 50 belts of Navid ammo there? or 50 mags of Cyrus ammo, its just dumb, put stuff that is hard to get on there, that is what it is for, not to put all kind of shit on there.

Which is why i dont see why a simple more constrictive timer would not also solve these issues. Or even just black-listing certain items from the market. Right now with the limit being 15 there is almost no point in putting smaller items on the market, especially since there is no way to even tell which items are your own. If i have 15 items on the market then happen to want to list something more expensive that i just found im kept from doing so unless i am able to pick my own item out of the list and buy it back.

Also when the market was open to more items it kept prices competitive since there was more competition in who was selling what. So, if you actually wanted your item to sell you had to list it at a reasonable price.

**EDIT**

Or just remove the ability for players to buy back their own items. That would fix the issue of players using it to store gear and make it just about making money.

Edited by Half Sack

You miss the point. Ammo and stuff is from the BM. It should be reserved for large items that you either craft or loot from boxes that you don't need. It was causing mrico lag each purchase. It is much better now. Like I said it's not eBay or for you to run a business out off. Just off load stuff you don't need or will get a better price for. 

Edited by Jimlad

Im not selling anything from BM on trader. So... good points tho ? Plus im pretty sure i mentioned black listing certain items form trader would fix that issue as well if you want people to purely get certain items from black market.

Edited by Half Sack
18 minutes ago, Jimlad said:

Out of interest what items is it that you need to sell more more than 15 a day ?

It was things that can be bought from trader. This is also another reason why we limited it.

• Haha 1

Almost everything can be bought from one trader or another. I thought that was the point of the trader market, so that if you are able to get items from missions (or looting, but i never really did that) you could list them so players could have an option to buy them there cheaper than a regular trader's pricing. They saved a little and i made a little to pay off the risk i would take in getting the items. And on the flip side i received no respect from selling on the trader market so if money was a desire it was a good trade off.

And that is why the limit of 15 is a hindrance. There is almost no point in selling items that value about 1k or a little more since you will get little return on it given that you 1) get no respect and 2) had to pay a listing fee.

Edited by Half Sack
2 minutes ago, Half Sack said:

Almost everything can be bought from one trader or another. I thought that was the point of the trader market, so that if you are able to get items from missions (or looting, but i never really did that) you could list them so players could have an option to buy them there cheaper than a regular trader's pricing. They saved a little and i made a little to pay off the risk i would take in getting the items. And on the flip side i received no respect from selling on the trader market so if money was a desire it was a good trade off.

We understand that it would be nice for everyone to sell whatever they want on there, but like Jimlad also mentioned is it causes the server to stutter a slight amount every time a change is made to Inmate Market's inventory. This is something we don't want to happen, and limiting it has seemed to help with those stutters.