To much rpg!

7 hours ago, Rosco Coltrane said:

Road kill and HMG are pretty high up on the list, seems like the launcher issue is not that bad.

1479809375_serverstat.png.983147adf0323c6df0c6a916fa2c84ee.png

you need to consider, the HMG in all armed vehicles have the same name, but the rocket launchers have many different skins which are seperately listed. If you want to show the value of HMG and rocket launcher kills you need to count all rocket launcher kills together and consider. one hmg kill is not always a seperate vehicle, but every rocket launcher kill is a seperat vehicle that has been destroyed ?

Lets face it, like ACAB said everyone talking here is more or less from differing groups who have different play styles. So one person from one group will say black and the other will say white. 

I do think at present regarding the AI at missions 1. Too many AI spawn with launchers (mainly CP missions) 2. The spare rocket in bags which has already been spoke about in previous posts here. 

- Just as an example, I went to a finished CP after the compound despawned, grabbed an Alamut and 5 rockets, that was all I had space for but there was maybe an extra 1/2 rockets still around. So lets say in that instance there was a total of 7 rockets and 3 or 4            launchers. That is an insane amount to get for 0 effort, a solo player doesn't need upwards of 7 rockets.

- Another option is to increase the price of launchers/rockets, probably the rockets, so that if someone wants to load up on 10 rockets in their bag, that is their choice and they will take a bank hit for it, but it might make people value taking that shot more.

There is a balance here between too many and too few that Im sure can be found to satisfy all parties. For example 2 or 3 ai with launchers and no spare rocket, that means 2/3 rockets for your launcher, that's still enough for solo players to feel safe, and not too much for rockets to be flying at you like MG42 rounds.

I think Unleashed may have mentioned already the idea of your first thought not being to blow anything you see up, but perhaps trying to disable a wheel, or turret, or shoot a guy out (if possible) and try to steal the vehicle for yourself. Even instead of camping beside someones parked car waiting to blow them up, killing them when they unlock it, that sort of thing.

To round things off, I trust that in time some sort of solution whether it be temporary or permanent will come around and maybe everyone can agree on something for a change. ?

Could simply be boiled down to a combination of increased price and mass of the rockets themselves (or perhaps only the mass). 

- How it would be scaled would have to be looked into. But surely the 2 teams discussing here should reach an understanding simply by doing that.
- But thats just my 2 cents on the topic.

I do agree that you get a shit ton of rockets from capture points I personally wouldn't have a problem with AI spawning with just one rocket In the launcher and no spares in the backpack 

it makes no difference to my playstyle even if it stays how it is because WAT as a group tend to shy away from armed vehicles because it's too easy ?

Edited by Winky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I disagree that vehicles are too easy @Winky, a vehicle is loud and large and to be used effectively requires at least 2 players with decent communication and a fair bit of luck. Especially in the current meta of almost every player having a launcher with a few spare rockets each. I understand that an HMG or GMG shooting at you from 2km away is annoying sure. But all it takes is one rocket and boom, the maaws can shoot at over 1km, its virtually silent has a really fast rocket and an inbuilt rangefinder.  But we can agree to disagree due to our different playstyles.

Despite all this its only what 10k and the rockets are 3k.  I like the balance these rockets bring but i do agree that the alamut being on virtually almost every AI at a Cap point needs some tweaking. Even on stream i have completed a cap point and had a molle got an alamut and 10 rockets from the corpses even if only half of the 9-13 ai had one + a spare in their bag. 

Perhaps increase the MAAWS and Alamut prices to encourage newer and poorer players to use the rpg7 as a cheaper alternative its a decent launcher that also one hits most vehicles just doesn't have a rangefinder or scope OR change the ai at missions so they all have an rpg7. Newer players would still have a counter but it would be slightly harder to use but they would still have plenty of rockets.

Those are my thoughts briefly.

15 hours ago, ImUnleasheD said:

Most of you guys always run with m107 or navids, why not use them to take out an hmg? Takes a bit more effort than 1 shot with an rpg.

We're not speaking of removing the rocket launchers in the first place, we want to reduce the spawning rate of them ( which was already a thing pre wipe but some update must've rolled it back) and no one was complaining back then.

you seem to miss the fact we already know how to handle armored cars and heli that pretty much majority like to hide behind armored stuff  but when i referred to solo players i'm talking about players that don't have experience and mainly the players that tend to have little to all chance because they rather wiped out by big groups.

so rather just make it more simple for them to get one and if you rely on a armed vehicle and get killed with it then that your problem not a matter to reduce launchers. More simply deal with the fact you will lose those vehicles.

plus there some groups that rather just run away anyway because they rely on armored vehicles too much.

even way i do agree there nothing wrong at the moment but if people are going to use armed stuff way more often then launchers should increase a little.

oh maybe reduce the chances of getting armed vehicles since it only takes 10 min of server restart to easily get one.

Edited by MrTickles
2 hours ago, Jimlad said:

Best idea yet swap AI to rpg7

- Change all AI to rpg-7

- Cheap launcher for the cheapest way to acquire one.

- Have Alamut as a mid tier BM purchase

- Have maaws as high tier BM purchase

If you want an Alamut/maaws with 10 rockets so bad, go buy on at the BM, otherwise use an AI dropped rpg-7

I would say this sounds like a no brainer!

Or better yet just leave it as it is doesn't cause any problems sides everyone will only just come back complaining over rpg next all because you fell asleep at the wheel of your precious armored strider ? seems to happen alot on here people complain or suggesting to add or change stuff just because of getting killed.

2 minutes ago, MrTickles said:

Or better yet just leave it as it is doesn't cause any problems sides everyone will only just come back complaining over rpg next all because you fell asleep at the wheel of your precious armored strider ? seems to happen alot on here people complain or suggesting to add or change stuff just because of getting killed.

Don't start with the shit talking unless your aim is to get the thread locked. We don't roll around all day every day in armed vehicles, we rarely use them ourselves so don't try to use BEEF LOVE HMGS as a valid point.

Maybe try to look at it as people have genuine complaints about issues the server faces. The server is not perfect, it is far from it. Not every complaint is a dig aimed at a person or group or aiming to hamper one group over another. People need to stop looking at it like that, and look at it from a community point of view.

There is a suggestion section for a reason, and if suggestions get met with such hostility every time, then suggestions will just stop coming from people.

There is a problem, you don't recognise it as a problem, that is fair enough, that is your point of view, my point of view is that there is a problem.

And to answer your point of people will come back complaining about the rpg7 next, they won't if the changes suggested for alamuts at cap points and other missions were applied to that aswell, so example 1-3 launchers and 1-3 rockets for them. 

So, instead of hammering on about this group doing this and this group doing that. 

- As I can see its 2 groups going at each other with each their own view of the situation, so lets accept the fact that, that is never gonna change. 
- So I think both parties has said their meaning in this matter. So leave it be and wait for the staff to make a decision on what to do about this.  ? 

3 hours ago, MrTickles said:

you seem to miss the fact we already know how to handle armored cars and heli that pretty much majority like to hide behind armored stuff  but when i referred to solo players i'm talking about players that don't have experience and mainly the players that tend to have little to all chance because they rather wiped out by big groups.

so rather just make it more simple for them to get one and if you rely on a armed vehicle and get killed with it then that your problem not a matter to reduce launchers. More simply deal with the fact you will lose those vehicles.

plus there some groups that rather just run away anyway because they rely on armored vehicles too much.

even way i do agree there nothing wrong at the moment but if people are going to use armed stuff way more often then launchers should increase a little.

oh maybe reduce the chances of getting armed vehicles since it only takes 10 min of server restart to easily get one.

Tickles this is not in reference to anyone from beef losing a armed car. A: we can afford them and B: like you guys we don't use them often.  It's about losing normal cars or being spammed in any moving vehicle. 

Also on a personal point. You say 'we' like you are one of the WAT teams pro. Come one we all know you are the bullet magnet in the team ?

I wouldn't talk runlad and  worry over k/d ? do what you do best and hag out in spawn towns to keep your precious k/d.

also you guys infamous for using armored vehicles the most out of big groups well second to boners if i'm honest.