Refined rule expanations

Some of the rules on the rules page are vague and thus subject to many interpretations both from admins and players. Rules should be precise and broken down enough so that there is zero confusion.

For instance: The NO PVP area around safe zones is somewhat of a grey area. The rule states: Once you enter the "NO PVP ZONE", any form of combat or engagement is not allowed.

so does that mean that you can't physically attack someone in this zone but you can troll them? Could I perhaps run up and climb into the passenger seat of a vehicle slowly climbing the hill before it makes it into the trader?  Could I knife/thermal scan vehicles parked outside here?  Could I drain the gas from a car that someone is repairing in this zone or steal items from within it  or steal the vehicle itself as he's repairing and drive it 100m into the safezone knowing its "no pvp" and my victim would face a possible ban for attempting to stop me?

Or the fleeing into safe zones rule. Lets say I complete a mission that's a short distance away from a safe-zone trader and while on my way to that trader I'm attacked, since it was my original destination, do I now have to change destinations and turn to fight or flee my attacker or can i carry on into the zone? At what distance away from the safe zone could it be considered camping the safe-zone? Or lets say i'm being attacked and I run to the edge of the no pvp zone and hide, technically i'm not inside it, what amount of time has to pass before the "fleeing into the trader" rule is no longer in effect?

I've been refueling a helicopter at the petrol station within the NO PVP zone of Zelenogorsk trader and have been killed from someone who sniped at me from outside of this zone. If he wasn't technically shooting into the safe zone and he wasn't inside the no pvp zone, and I wasn't on my way into the safe zone, was he in the wrong or?

Building height limit restriction of 30m allows you to place the base of a tall object at 30m and it wont be deleted by your script, before the wipe, i had an admin tell me despite my placement of the base of the tall object at 30m, the top of the tall object (tower) exceeded 30m and he had to delete it. Is this the final word on that?

I'm sure there are others but some of these i've seen people ask in side-chat time and time again.

I was temp banned last night for a few hours for "combat logging". Its was a short time before restart at a just completed capture point. My combat warning flashy icon wasn't flashing anymore and I wasn't being shot at but other people in the area were killing each other. Is disconnecting, despite not being shot at and not being in combat according to the game mechanics that alerts you that you're in combat 'and prevents you from disconnecting', from an area that is rife with players engaged in combat considered combat logging?

If so, what amount of time or what distance from players engaged in combat do you need to be in order to be safe from combat logging?

Edited by MenstrualBoy
one more topic

This was alot of questions, i'll try and answer them as good as i can.

1: Do not troll anyone on no-pvp do not do anything there that is illegal in safezone and no you are not allowed to shoot into the no-pvp zone from outside.

2: If someone is following you and shooting activly at you dont enter Safezone\No-Pvp zone, if they shoot at you at the mission and you drive away and they are not shooting or following you then you can go to safezone.

3: look at first answer.

4: Buildings over 30m is not allowed and will be deleted by admins, with the current buildings we have it is not possible to place them higher than 30m, you could do it back when we had EBM on, and this is final word.

5: I looked at the video of you sitting in that house, i saw 3 rockets and alot of shoots going to that house and 3 people moving up to the house, so that means you where in combat even if the flashy combat thing is not showing, if you fly a helicopter and a pawnee sprays at you from a distance it will not show that flashy combat thing, same if someone shoots at you from 500m away with a sniper you will not be put into combat by the flashy thing, but you are still in combat and taking shots wich means you are not to log out, good rule of thumb is after taking shoots wait atleast 5-10min before logging out, if there is a server restart comming and you are in combat you play until you get kicked by the server.

NEVER TRUST THE COMBAT FLASHING SYMBOL IN ARMA!!!

• Like 1