Sign in to follow this  
MrTyler

SafeZone Plane Garage

So here is an idea I have stirred up in my brain, mostly because I'm sick of selling planes and not being able to keep them over restarts. Without the chance of them being stolen that is.  A safe zone plane garage. I don't even know if it could be a thing, but if it was you would only be able to store planes in it.  Almost no one has a base on the airfields, mainly because of a rule, so there is no where to land them as altis is a hilly, rock covered, fence infested, patchy forested, piece of shit, map. I love altis, much better than chernarus. Also, planes are not the most reliable vehicles when landing.  Anyway, just an idea.

• Like 2

I see your point but last server I played on had VG at traders and it was abused by groups.  Keeping tanks and rare vehicles safe and sound and also having access to them them when bases were on lock down. 

Some groups have 15 plus members so you can keep a lot of stuff safe as a team. 

It could be abused basically

An interesting idea.

I have no idea if it would be possible to limit what vehicles could be stored inside the garage, but it would have to only be limited to planes. As Jimlad stated; I've played on servers with Safezone Garages and it's pointless. People would never keep high-end vehicles at their bases. 

The easier option is to increse the sales prices of just planes. So you basically pay a rental. Then rebuy 

50,000 for spitfire and sells for between 40,000 -  45,000

You would have to remove 'respect' as someone would just farm planee purchases and sales for the respect

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jimlad said:

I see your point but last server I played on had VG at traders and it was abused by groups.  Keeping tanks and rare vehicles safe and sound and also having access to them them when bases were on lock down. 

Some groups have 15 plus members so you can keep a lot of stuff safe as a team. 

It could be abused basically

Maybe make it so you can only store certain vehicles/aircrafts on the trader vg (via classname).

1 hour ago, Dexter M said:

could make a safezone at NWAF with VG  for storing planes but that seems a bit over kill

Or you could access your base vg on the NWAF (without a safezone protection), so players can still hack your pole to get the vehicles.

I personally don't have an issue with the current system, simply build a base near an Airfield or near an open field and you can land there.

Yeah, sorry. Personally I'm not a fan of having anything regarding safezone storages. As Jimlad said, experienced it before and it got abused loads. Sure there is a way to limit what you can and cannot do.
- But at the end of the day. People that wants to fly in planes will find a way to abuse it somehow. 

- In my head, buying a plane and using it is a high risk, high reward. People like @ImUnleasheD spent hours upon hours in the editor trying to perfect landing the Spitfire at his base on Chernarus. 
- I think your mind is in the right place, but I would really not like to see it become a thing on the servers.

• Like 1

Well if it can be made so you can only store and take out certain planes from your base garage at trader it could be a thing question is how much work Sean is gonna need to put in this for only 1 plane at the moment, as far as I know it's only the spitfire that needs this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rosco Coltrane said:

Well if it can be made so you can only store and take out certain planes from your base garage at trader it could be a thing question is how much work Sean is gonna need to put in this for only 1 plane at the moment, as far as I know it's only the spitfire that needs this.

I mean there should be a bit of risk landing/taking off in it, at least for the restart.

Just adapt your base to it.

Quickest fix is to just have them sell for higher price and remove respect from sale. That way the pilot can use. Land at trader sell and buy again when they want to go back out. 

•Lower the price to 30k,

•Add flares,

•Soak up the 15k+ loss when selling or risk losing it over night.

Don’t think landing besides on a airfield is a option on Altis.

1 hour ago, ACAB said:

•Lower the price to 30k,

•Add flares,

•Soak up the 15k+ loss when selling or risk losing it over night.

Don’t think landing besides on a airfield is a option on Altis.

lower the price and add flares... mhhh might as well add hmg's as a deploy option like the atv lol 😂

... no srsly, you can outmaneuver the stinger 50% of the times and compare it to the pawnee that costs 100k and has only a few flares.

Edited by ImUnleasheD

You must be insane to add flares to a spitfire!  ( That a insult to Spitfires in history)

Did it have flares in WWII?

It proven you can out run a stinger good enough already.

Also adding flares just so you can just end up crying more later because you do dumb stuff then blame the plane?

You sir need jesus

Edited by MrTickles

I do not care about any historic in-corrections as long as its fun and balanced.

The way i see it : its a basically bomber that you have to sell after you are done with it.

Unless someone proves otherwise by, 

*consistently storing one is his VG,

*Making kills with the guns,

I think my point is pretty valid.

Maybe i suck but i am looking forward of all these landings,killstreaks and avoiding missile videos😀.

It already more than effective enough so adding flares would be entirely pointless to a spitfire and reducing the cost would be unbalanced just like stingers and pawnees.

regardless it would look stupid seeing flares come out of a plane that clearly not ever suppose to have them.

So expect to be reselling them at end of server time if you not capable of finding a way to hide or store them in your base.

Here a simple answer adding flares is dumb plain and simple and people crying for flares on a plane that if you can actually fly the thing properly can out run a stinger.

also what next once you not satisfied with flares thermal more speed? all i'm seeing is people asking for something because they keep getting shot down or do dumb stuff.

so instead of asking to make it more op how about you learn how to use it properly instead otherwise don't buy one at all.

1 hour ago, MrTickles said:

Here a simple answer adding flares is dumb plain and simple and people crying for flares on a plane that if you can actually fly the thing properly can out run a stinger.

also what next once you not satisfied with flares thermal more speed? all i'm seeing is people asking for something because they keep getting shot down or do dumb stuff.

so instead of asking to make it more op how about you learn how to use it properly instead otherwise don't buy one at all.

Looks like you have never used the spitfire ingame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrTickles said:

actually used it and even avoided 3 stingers just last night so maybe you guys should go practice more than try give me excuses

how fast and low were you going?

I'm not saying its impossible but its not a bad shout to add flares, it just needs to up the price on them.

2 hours ago, ImUnleasheD said:

how fast and low were you going?

I'm not saying its impossible but its not a bad shout to add flares, it just needs to up the price on them.

Flares are not needed at all. A good pilot like you knows this. Last thing you need is to have your favourite toy upped in price.